Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Hey guys, got my pre plus yesterday and so far I'm loving it. Switched from a WinMo phone and I must say WebOS blows it away. Anyways, I noticed this morning that when i went to play my music with my bluetooth headphones, I was having some problems. The music would start and after 30 seconds or so, the music would stop and go back to the main music player screen. The sound quality was also a little scratchy through the headphones. Anyone else experience this? or do I maybe have a bad phone? The headphones are fine cause they worked on my Omnia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Glad you're happy with the choice you made. Speaking from Pre (Sprint) experience, you probably have a bad unit and my first advice would be to see if you can get it replaced at the store you bought it at. I have had my Pre since release in June and after the update prior to the one we are running now, I had the same issue. The next update coincidentally did fix my problem. The only problem I can see you having is that they may tell you that your stereo bluetooth is not a Palm certified device but I can tell you that from experience I own two non certified headsets and they both work fine with both the onboard music player and streaming online audio. Good luck!!
    I use a Rocketfish bluetooth headset and the stock music player for my Pre. I get annoyed how at times it takes 5-10 mins for me to hear music with my headphones. Sometimes it plays out my phone and then I have to turn off bluetooth and try it again. Is there a process that you should do like turn the phone bluetooth on first then the headset then the music player??
    Out of habit I usually do just that, turn on Bluetooth on the phone, turn on the headphones and then open the application and it always works fine
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whistle057 View Post
    Glad you're happy with the choice you made. Speaking from Pre (Sprint) experience, you probably have a bad unit and my first advice would be to see if you can get it replaced at the store you bought it at. I have had my Pre since release in June and after the update prior to the one we are running now, I had the same issue. The next update coincidentally did fix my problem. The only problem I can see you having is that they may tell you that your stereo bluetooth is not a Palm certified device but I can tell you that from experience I own two non certified headsets and they both work fine with both the onboard music player and streaming online audio. Good luck!!
    Thanks man. I bought the phone online, so I'm assuming I'll have to have them send me out a new one. Anyways, I'm using rocketfish headphones. Other than this music issue, the phone is great.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rovercash View Post
    Thanks man. I bought the phone online, so I'm assuming I'll have to have them send me out a new one. Anyways, I'm using rocketfish headphones. Other than this music issue, the phone is great.
    Before returning the unit, you may wish to take a look at this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...issue-pre.html

This is a known issue.