Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "donations" HA
    look at my signature
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I personally think 2 thinks of aronic's my tether. He either didn't know what he was doing. Or he did everything on purpose to get money and screw up peoples phones. I got mytether months ago. At first it was pretty cool, except it took hours to get it to work. Then it messed up my phone and I had to go back in and find the hundreds of files that were implanted in my phone. And I still haven't found all of them, even after doing a full erase there must be something in my back up not being taken out that messes with it. Also when I was using it after I first installed it the thing, it broke my usb port on my computer, I took it to a computer place seeing what was wrong and they said it was fried! Won't work and I have to buy a new one. And my computer was messed up too! I had to do a get support from hp to make it work again. Also since the files are everywhere and can't be found, I'm paying for a warrenty on my pre, if something happens before I get it off then the warrenty will no longer be valid!? There is no way someone like aronic could mess up so much on accident. This had to be done on purpose! The thing that is wrong is that people are still giving him money and don't read these forums to find the truth.

another interesting thing, after I got mytether working sprint sent an exe file over my phone to have me install on my computer? When I looked at the installment agreement it would add $15 to my bill for using tethering each month?
    I LOVE MY PRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wow...im glad i felt sketched out by this aonic character...when i was looking for a tethering solution i followed the mytether threads and held off as i waited for more info...then the complaints started rolling in...i was about to take the plunge when i saw awesome in the app cat for that one day...
    Quote Originally Posted by cpassey View Post
    I personally think 2 thinks of aronic's my tether. He either didn't know what he was doing. Or he did everything on purpose to get money and screw up peoples phones. I got mytether months ago. At first it was pretty cool, except it took hours to get it to work. Then it messed up my phone and I had to go back in and find the hundreds of files that were implanted in my phone. And I still haven't found all of them, even after doing a full erase there must be something in my back up not being taken out that messes with it. Also when I was using it after I first installed it the thing, it broke my usb port on my computer, I took it to a computer place seeing what was wrong and they said it was fried! Won't work and I have to buy a new one. And my computer was messed up too! I had to do a get support from hp to make it work again. Also since the files are everywhere and can't be found, I'm paying for a warrenty on my pre, if something happens before I get it off then the warrenty will no longer be valid!? There is no way someone like aronic could mess up so much on accident. This had to be done on purpose! The thing that is wrong is that people are still giving him money and don't read these forums to find the truth.

another interesting thing, after I got mytether working sprint sent an exe file over my phone to have me install on my computer? When I looked at the installment agreement it would add $15 to my bill for using tethering each month?

uhhh...mytether fried your usb? oook. I mean I get it you don't like the soft...whatever thats fine, but to blame your hardware defect on your pc on it? Just seems over the top to me....02.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Honestly.... when MyTether was first released it provided functionality that wasn't present anywhere else. I paid the $15 but haven't used the app in many months. So what!!! It was worth it to me at the time and even with whatever hassles that came with it, it still saved my bacon while traveling for work four or five times.

I really have a hard time with people claiming he did something intentionally to harm their phones. WebOS has provided a learning curve for everyone involved. There have been many innovations that in their earliest releases proved to be harmful under certain circumstances. But in every case it hasn't been anything that a full erase and visit to the Dr. couldn't handle.

So my suggestion is forget about it. Mobile Hotspot is available for any who want to use it. If you want to continue with MyTether and Aonics work... fine, do that too.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I donated to My Tether and never received the instructions from Raja Kapur or whatever he calls himself on here, maybe Scam Artist would be appropriate. I just received my money back from PayPal today after I filed a fraud complaint with them and they found in my favor. Everyone needs to be careful of My Tether. I am tethering my laptop now via Bluetooth, no extra software needed.
    I got the donation version a year ago. The app is up to date and works great with the current version of WebOS. I'm not saying it can't be done with mobile hot spot etc, just that it has worked well for me. There were some issues a while back (WebOS 1.3 or so) with the way My Tether worked, but that has been resolved quite nicely now.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymad View Post
    I got the donation version a year ago. The app is up to date and works great with the current version of WebOS. I'm not saying it can't be done with mobile hot spot etc, just that it has worked well for me. There were some issues a while back (WebOS 1.3 or so) with the way My Tether worked, but that has been resolved quite nicely now.
    Have you tried a speed test? Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    Just curious since most people can connect but get speeds resembling aol dial-up in 1990.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12