1.    #1  
    Hi everyone at PreCentral.Net,

Hope everyone is enjoying their Palm Pre Plus as I am. I received the Plus yesterday afternoon, and I immediately noticed a ton of dots (looked like dead pixels) on the screen. Of course, these are in a graph order so they are touch sensors, and I understand this.

I was wondering how visible these are to other people? I put a screen protector on from Verizon, and this actually made it a little better.

How much do you notice this?

Thanks!

Paul
    You must have great eyes! Verizon customers are soo picky
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    You must have great eyes! Verizon customers are soo picky

Lol thanks Stu! I don't know about other Verizon customers, but I do notice EVERY LITTLE THING...just wondered if anyone else did also. I was able to find a lot of people that had this on the original Palm Pre, but not sure about the Pre Plus.
    I got my Pre Plus on Monday and I don't see any dead pixels at all. I do have other issues. (e.g., Isn't there supposed to be an automatic landscape mode, as with the iPhone, when you turn the phone sideways?) But no pixel trouble that I can see.
    The dots on the screen are normal, it's part of the screen.
    Just joking. I can see the dots with the right light... perfectly normal!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwrighter View Post
    I got my Pre Plus on Monday and I don't see any dead pixels at all. I do have other issues. (e.g., Isn't there supposed to be an automatic landscape mode, as with the iPhone, when you turn the phone sideways?) But no pixel trouble that I can see.
    Rwighter,

I don't this to start causing issues for you, so don't do this if once you notice it, you will always notice it.

Make sure the screen is off, and either shine a flashlight or look in a bright area. You will a ton of dots on the screen, connected in a "graph" order. These are touch sensors. If you turn the phone on (preferably to a white background) you will see where these are if you look closely enough.

Paul
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Just joking. I can see the dots with the right light... perfectly normal!
    Thanks Stu.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by alejovh120 View Post
    The dots on the screen are normal, it's part of the screen.
    I thought so, just wanted to make sure that other people could see them if they knew where they were with the screen on.
  10. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quite different than a dead pixel.

xtn
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Quite different than a dead pixel.

xtn
    Yes, but they are noticeable.

By the way, who added the "blind a bat" and "nitpicky" tags on this thread?

Paul
  12. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulRosenthal View Post
    By the way, who added the "blind a bat" and "nitpicky" tags on this thread?
    I don't know but that's awesome. It never occurred to me before that the thread tags were an opportunity for humor!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I don't know but that's awesome. It never occurred to me before that the thread tags were an opportunity for humor!
    Lol neither did I. I have been using forums for YEARS and have never seen this before. Kudos to whoever came up with this.
  14.    #14  
    I'm sorry to resurrect my own thread that's a few days old, but I can see these "dots" with the screen on. Are there any ways to hide these?

Specifically, the question I really want to ask: Can you see these with a white background if you look for them?

Thanks!!!!

Paul
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I can see dots and a diagonal grid when my screen is off and the light is hitting it just right. But the dots and grid are invisible to me when the screen is on. I am wondering what kind of lighting conditions you are using the phone in. Also, you might want to take your phone back to the shop and compare it to the floor models to see of they are the same. The dots and grid are a total non-issue under normal conditions.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    I can see dots and a diagonal grid when my screen is off and the light is hitting it just right. But the dots and grid are invisible to me when the screen is on. I am wondering what kind of lighting conditions you are using the phone in. Also, you might want to take your phone back to the shop and compare it to the floor models to see of they are the same. The dots and grid are a total non-issue under normal conditions.
    I am using the phone in all lighting conditions, under different brightness settings.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Hmm... Take your phone back to the shop and compare it to other Pres to see if it is the "same." It is certainly within the realm of possibilities that you have a defective screen, or maybe you have been blessed with the eyesight of Superman. I don't think you will/can be satisfied until you know for yourself if your phone screen is normal or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulRosenthal View Post
    Hi everyone at PreCentral.Net,

Hope everyone is enjoying their Palm Pre Plus as I am. I received the Plus yesterday afternoon, and I immediately noticed a ton of dots (looked like dead pixels) on the screen. Of course, these are in a graph order so they are touch sensors, and I understand this.

I was wondering how visible these are to other people? I put a screen protector on from Verizon, and this actually made it a little better.

How much do you notice this?

Thanks!

Paul
    I immediately noticed the touch sensor dots on my Pre Plus too but I haven't noticed it since. Of course if I intentionally LOOK for it, I'll find it, but no issues now =)

I have a question though, to all Pre and Pre Plus owners, is a little play expected when the phone is closed? It wiggles left and right a little bit, should I put my OCD to rest or should I be worried?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yyandrew View Post
    I have a question though, to all Pre and Pre Plus owners, is a little play expected when the phone is closed? It wiggles left and right a little bit, should I put my OCD to rest or should I be worried?
    Every Pre I have ever seen, including the two in my household, have a tiny bit of wiggle. There have been some that have suffered from the infamous "Oreo effect," but I think that problem has been largely eliminated with the small design changes made to the slider mechanism from the early days.

Enjoy your Pre!