1.    #1  
    Are there any Pre owners that use Intelligolf w/GPS? I am curious as to how well it works if at all. Thanks
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Intelligolf needs to be used with the classic emulator which costs $30 if you don't already have it. There are better options in the app catalog
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    i guess the first question is: Is there an app for Intelligolf for the Pre??? I have used the PalmOS version with GPS and it worked great. It was a good way to track my progress, rounds and the times I played gave me good distances. The only bad thing is that I couldn't see the hole as I now know some iPhone apps can do.

Why do you ask? Any new apps in the works?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    Intelligolf needs to be used with the classic emulator which costs $30 if you don't already have it. There are better options in the app catalog
    any new and upcomming upgrades for the program? I like the program and what it does. the only bad thing is that using it on the course kills my batt for the rest of the day.

Moserjj have you given it a score tracking and handicap creator? Storing your rounds and calculating the handicap is a nice add-on. I haven't checked it in a while so I'm not sure of its abilities.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info, I have been an intelligolf user for eons and am getting ready to upgrade phones. staying w/ palm as my device and phone works for me, but I want to make sure that I can get more that I am from my T/X. I have not been able to GPS (too cheap I guess to get a puck) and utilize all that it can be. Yes, Intelligolf has a platform for Pre, and Droid. They are looking into a full version if enough subscribers indicate desire.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rub2008 View Post
    any new and upcomming upgrades for the program? I like the program and what it does. the only bad thing is that using it on the course kills my batt for the rest of the day.

Moserjj have you given it a score tracking and handicap creator? Storing your rounds and calculating the handicap is a nice add-on. I haven't checked it in a while so I'm not sure of its abilities.
    There are quite a few updates coming, a bunch happening soon. Scoring was added long ago. Handicap tracking will most likely come with a future upgrade also allowing backups to the cloud. As for the battery performance, no secret that this app (GolfPinFinder) is a battery hog - the GPS in the Palm devices isn't optimized for continued usage. One option is to disable the preference setting of "GPS with screen off" - although your time to accurate yardages increases.