Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    The recent update of Classic Note includes the ability to not only send a note via email, but also preserves the formatting. I have been waiting for the ability to send formatted emails since the get go. Bold, Italic, Underline, and strikethrough are supported.

It's funny that the email client in web os supports the formatting but cannot produce the formatting. The formatting options are grayed out in the menu.

CORRECTION:
    Grabber5.0 points out that formatting is available in the email client. I don't know when that was updated. Grabber5.0 also points out that Classic Note has shortcuts for formatting that makes it much faster to to compose a formatted email. Maybe palm will add shortcuts with next update.
    Last edited by kdogokc; 01/27/2010 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdogokc View Post
    It's funny that the email client in web os supports the formatting but cannot produce the formatting. The formatting options are grayed out in the menu.
    My formatting options are not grayed out. I am able to use them. Only tested on my Gmail account so far, but it worked fine. Granted, having shortcuts for formatting in ClassicNote is *much* faster!
    Must admit, didnt realise this was possible from straight within the email app, one question,
    I type a sentence, highlighted it using shift-swipe selected edit-italic, perfect, problem is now everything else i type is in italic, how do you switch between italic/bold/underline/standard? first 3 can be done from the edit menu but standard is not an option??

Ta
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    Must admit, didnt realise this was possible from straight within the email app, one question,
    I type a sentence, highlighted it using shift-swipe selected edit-italic, perfect, problem is now everything else i type is in italic, how do you switch between italic/bold/underline/standard? first 3 can be done from the edit menu but standard is not an option??

Ta
    You have to tap those options again to un-do them. Just a simple "standard" option would be nice to limit tapping.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    My bad...I don't know when this was added to the email client. Really weird. I'm glad it's there, but I agree, the shortcuts are much better via Classic Note