Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    So happy that gameloft is learning the best way to sell an amazing game is to give someone a taste of it. Asphault 5 now has a trial, hopefully others will follow!
    I just saw it and am downloading now. I've been considering this one for purchase and now I get to try it out first. Awesomeness.
    As I recall this is the way the old PALM apps went. Trials are the best way to get an appetitite going! Lets hope more develepors run with the idea!
    I wish people would start threads in the appropriate subforums (AFTER searching, that is), since my first thought when I saw Asphault 5 FREE was to post a thread in the "webOS Apps and Software" section, and then realized someone already started one, so I didn't need to create a duplicate thread.
    I downloaded/installed it, and played for a little while. It definetly got me considering making the purchase.

Tho, it borked my phon. I got a text whilst racing. Went to card view. Phone froze. 2 battery pulls later got it to restart, but as soon as luna was loaded, it froze again. Just did 2nd battery pull after that, so a total of 4. Man so much for the multitasking. Makes me wish we had the xtra memory the lucky plus owners have. LOL
    I seriously hate when games don't allow you to demo a full level and cut you off in the middle. Lost a potential customer on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I seriously hate when games don't allow you to demo a full level and cut you off in the middle. Lost a potential customer on that.
    i disagree. a "demo" is just an app that lets u try the game out. given a half demo vs no demo, ill def take the half demo. the point of a demo is to just let you experience how the game is, how its played, whether you like it or not. all that can be decided in a half of a level.

but yes a full level would be ideal.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    is a good idea for the ppl who cant pay for the full version!
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    i disagree. a "demo" is just an app that lets u try the game out. given a half demo vs no demo, ill def take the half demo. the point of a demo is to just let you experience how the game is, how its played, whether you like it or not. all that can be decided in a half of a level.

but yes a full level would be ideal.
    Yes, I well aware of what a demo is. Just a personal pet peeve I've had since the late 80s. I tend not to purchase games that don't let me try a full level before purchase. Already deleted the game from my Pre. Your milage may vary.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    sounds like you wouldnt have purchased it anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    sounds like you wouldnt have purchased it anyway...
    Sounds like you need to clean the peanut butter out of your ears.
    One of these doesn't exist for Need For Speed: Undercover does it? If it does, I would definitely download it. I've been thinking of buying this game, but I wanted to test it first...
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I wish people would start threads in the appropriate subforums (AFTER searching, that is), since my first thought when I saw Asphault 5 FREE was to post a thread in the "webOS Apps and Software" section, and then realized someone already started one, so I didn't need to create a duplicate thread.
    You can try to take up that battle if you wish, but you will never win. People will always post in the forum that is closer to the top and covers a more broad topic. Been around boards too long, niche forum categories my work for many, but there will always be those who ignore them.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    is a good idea for the ppl who cant pay for the full version!
    orly?

You can buy a $200 cell phone and a plan but you can't pay for a $5.99 game?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Finally there's demos.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    great! I wanted to test this game out before I bought it, and now I can do just that. Thanks for posting this up!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Sounds like you need to clean the peanut butter out of your ears.
    seems like you need to read the post times. (you are one of those "angry" people, aren't you?)
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    orly?

You can buy a $200 cell phone and a plan but you can't pay for a $5.99 game?
    Eh, in my opinion, it's the principle, not the money. Why should someone make $6 off me and countless others for a good sales pitch when a simple, easy to distribute hands-on demo can let me decide.

If every app had a demo (some really don't need it as they're simple, but more involved ones do), it would benefit everyone. The quality apps would pull more downloads because it will help sway those on the fence, and the catalog itself would be cleared of junk apps as eventually would be wary of buying them.
    More Demos!!!!!
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    I appreciate Gameloft saving me from spending $7 on Asphalt 5 because of the curiosity factor alone. It's a nice little game, but tilt controls in a racer just don't cut it for me.

I'll stick to my word games on the Pre and Xbox 360/PS3 for my gaming needs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast