Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I have the palm pre plus with the light bar instead of track ball.

When i get an email i would like to know if there is a way to get a visual notification?

I was assuming when i got an email the light bar would flash but it doesnt.

Can someone help me out.
    Unfortunately there's no simple fix. Check out Homebrew and the LED Notificatoin patch.
    As the poster above suggests you need to install a patch to make this work. Use Preware:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    When I get an email on my Pre Plus it shows up on the bottom of the screen to let me know an email has come in.

All I did was set up my email from my home computer, no patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by john3976 View Post
    When I get an email on my Pre Plus it shows up on the bottom of the screen to let me know an email has come in.

All I did was set up my email from my home computer, no patches.
    He's talking about when the screen is not on. If you install the notification patch, it will light up the gesture area when you get a message, text, etc.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    When you set up the email account, it will automatically give you a notification on the screen that you have a new email...same with a text message. To get the LED Notification to work, you need to install the Preware patch that will let you turn on the notification feature (In essense what the patch does is make available the option to turn it on) Preware is a very simple tool to use and there are plenty of threads that take you step by step on how to use it and what it is all about. Feel free to ask anyone if you have questions after you read through the information.

Just need to remember to remove the patch and turn off the notification prior to the next upgrade. I thought I saw a thread that something might have changed on that with Preware, but will have to read up on it some more before I can speak intellegently on it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Unfortunately there's no simple fix. Check out Homebrew and the LED Notificatoin patch.
    Let me fix that for you:

Fortunately, there is a simple fix. Check out Preware and the LED Notification patch.

If you do install it and you want to remove it, make sure to turn the option off first then remove the patch. If you remove the patch first, LED Notification will keep working and you wont be able to turn it off.
    I just bought the Verizon Pre Plus today... I had the original Pre on Sprint when it was released last June then ported over to Verizon when the Droid came out, but I really missed my Pre. At any rate, now that I am back to Pre I noticed that my screen doesn't briefly light up when an email comes in. I know for sure it did this before. Did Palm change this with one of the new updates? I am talking about when the phone is locked and screen is off, it would briefly light up and you could see the email notification for like 5 seconds before it went back off. I really liked that.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yes, Palm did away with that in a recent update to help with battery life I believe. I have noticed a difference in battery for sure. If you install the LED patch, you might find you like it better - it helps protect your privacy a bit better too. i.e. no sexy texts coming through when your phone is on a conference table during a meeting. haha.
    well, as long as it helps battery life. I hate how Palm just changes things around on us without anyone having much of a say. I might try the LED patch. Thanks
    Give the LED patch a try. The latest version of preware is is ultra neat so you dont have to remove patches before a new Webos release. Can't justify not having preware on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    I just bought the Verizon Pre Plus today... I had the original Pre on Sprint when it was released last June then ported over to Verizon when the Droid came out, but I really missed my Pre. At any rate, now that I am back to Pre I noticed that my screen doesn't briefly light up when an email comes in. I know for sure it did this before. Did Palm change this with one of the new updates? I am talking about when the phone is locked and screen is off, it would briefly light up and you could see the email notification for like 5 seconds before it went back off. I really liked that.
    I just noticed this as well. Did palm really disable this on the plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Give the LED patch a try. The latest version of preware is is ultra neat so you dont have to remove patches before a new Webos release. Can't justify not having preware on the pre.
    really? why not?