Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i overclocked mine to 1000 with no problems
    im gonna have to call B.S.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    Palm also is bumping the clock to 600 during 3D games.
    Source?

I'm not doubting you, I just want to see something official. If this is true, that's interesting.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    For people who have clocked it a 600, any advantages that you have noticed from doing this?
    other than it running smoother nope
    i cant even find the obsolete 600mhz patch(yeh i know its dangerous)

how can i clock mine to 600?
    via commandline the commands on the first page
    Quick question as Im inexperienced at this, say I clocked my pre to 600 using command line, how would I go about setting it back to 500 if required?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickTop View Post
    Quick question as Im inexperienced at this, say I clocked my pre to 600 using command line, how would I go about setting it back to 500 if required?
    Find the post that give's you the instructions to OC it to 600. It also explains how to bring it back to 500..
    or just doctor it or run EPR
    Followed the command promps, phone rebooted, how do I find out if its actually worked ratehr than just going by eye?

Cheers
    no real way but you should see a smoother ui
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no real way but you should see a smoother ui
    ahhh ok i thought there was a terminal command line to bring up running speed.

Cant see a real difference to be honest, probably cocked it up somewhere
    Easier way to bump it up to 600 (you will have to rerun the script on restart)

echo 600000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed

replace 600000 with 500000 to bring it back down to stock settings again. Also works with 550000 for a smaller and somewhat "safer" performance boost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Source?

I'm not doubting you, I just want to see something official. If this is true, that's interesting.
    I noticed in the binary it sets the CPU to 600 in a different place... along with setting it to 500. You can see it by stepping through the LunaSysMgr binary.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I noticed in the binary it sets the CPU to 600 in a different place... along with setting it to 500. You can see it by stepping through the LunaSysMgr binary.
    So you're saying you noticed in the binary, running a game steps up the CPU to 600MHz? I used the CAT test command you posted just yesterday to bring my Pre up to 600MHz.. I gotta thanks for posting that!

I had the original 600MHz patch prior to 1.3.5 and before it was considered "dangerous".
    Is it safe to oc to 600?does it reduce cpu life?!?!im really tempted to oc my pre but i love it too much to destroy it..
    its not oc at 600
    So you're saying you noticed in the binary, running a game steps up the CPU to 600MHz? I used the CAT test command you posted just yesterday to bring my Pre up to 600MHz.. I gotta thanks for posting that!

I had the original 600MHz patch prior to 1.3.5 and before it was considered "dangerous".
    Yeah. But of course thats only for games.

When I came out with this hack Palm hadnt release any 3D games yet as 1.3.5 just came out. So I had no idea why there was a call to set the cpu_freq at 600 when it mandates 500 at execution.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Slightly cleaner version, as the 'sed' in webOS supports the '-i' flag, for in-line editing.
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    mount -o remount,rw /
    sed -e 's/500000/600000/g' -i /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    Cheers!
    Always make a backup of the original.

You cant sed back to 500000 when there is another 600000 in there.
    Live free or DIE!
    Find the post that give's you the instructions to OC it to 600. It also explains how to bring it back to 500..

but as the other poster said i guess it goes back to 500 after a simple reboot anyway doesnt it? (cuz he said u have to enter that script at command line each time)

surely theres a way to run it at boot each time?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast