Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    What is the fastest way to call a particular contact...without opening the keyboard? I think it would be perfect if the Phone dialpad worked as a sort of T9 search for contact names. (I think Windows Mobile does this?) So what's the alternative? Flick through the contact app ? Hope that they are in your recent call history?

Thanks!
    add them to your launcher on a seperate speed dial page
    did you search the forum
    did you shamelessly bump your post count
    if its someone you call alot get one of the photo dialer apps
    For Speed Dial slots 2-9 you can hold the number in the phone app for a couple seconds and it'll speed dial. For any others I agree that a photo dial app, or creating a launcher page with your most called contacts is the way to go.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub2027 View Post
    What is the fastest way to call a particular contact...without opening the keyboard? I think it would be perfect if the Phone dialpad worked as a sort of T9 search for contact names. (I think Windows Mobile does this?) So what's the alternative? Flick through the contact app ? Hope that they are in your recent call history?

Thanks!

You can set speed dial keys to your contacts (menu) that way you can press and hold a number (without opening keyboard) and presto!
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonystu View Post
    if its someone you call alot get one of the photo dialer apps
    Or add them to your speed dial.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Well, that's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not talking about specific contacts that I call often. I mean, whoever I need to call, what's the fastest way to do it without opening the keyboard? Sounds like, unless I have a speed dial or launcher icon previous set up, I have to scroll through the contacts app.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    did you search the forum
    Yes. Your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub2027 View Post
    Well, that's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not talking about specific contacts that I call often. I mean, whoever I need to call, what's the fastest way to do it without opening the keyboard? Sounds like, unless I have a speed dial or launcher icon previous set up, I have to scroll through the contacts app.
    The fastest way and not open the keyboard? That would be to always keep the contacts card running and just thumb over to it and scroll to the person you want to call.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    The fastest way and not open the keyboard? That would be to always keep the contacts card running and just thumb over to it and scroll to the person you want to call.
    Thanks, that was what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll suggest to Palm the feature I described in first post. (Start typing the name on the dial pad, and a T9 type search would be performed on your contacts)
    Quick Contacts!!! best dialer around!
    Since your question has been abundantly answered, let me ask you a question of my own.

Why don't you want to open the keyboard? Did a keyboard rape and murder your dog when you were a child? Did you open your parents' bedroom one day to find your mother cheating on your father with a keyboard? Have you lost your thumbs in Iraq?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Since your question has been abundantly answered, let me ask you a question of my own.

Why don't you want to open the keyboard? Did a keyboard rape and murder your dog when you were a child? Did you open your parents' bedroom one day to find your mother cheating on your father with a keyboard? Have you lost your thumbs in Iraq?
    LOL! I would ROFLMAO if the reply was yes to any of those
    Why don't you just use Quick Contacts? You can have 18 contacts stored on it with a picture ID if desired. You can one-touch dial any of the 18 contacts w/o accessing the keyboard. Or, as an alternative, you can get the virtual keyboard on your screen.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

..... Sorry to disappoint, but it's simply because the sliding action on my keyboard is sloppy and it's a distraction from using this otherwise incredibly slick phone.
    Oh. I get that.

Yeah, I have similar trouble with my car, where the front door on the right-hand side sometimes jams. I do still have warranty on my car (the model was only released half a year ago) but instead of having it repaired for free I asked on the Ford forums how I can get my passengers into my car without having to open the passenger door, and for now I'm letting them all in through the driver's door and trunk hatch until I'm able to afford getting it to a body shop where they can saw the roof off and turn it into a convertible - then people can just jump in from above. Problem solved

But I'm jumping ship to Cadillac as soon as the newest Caddy comes out because of those build issues!
    I dont know why there are so many complaints about this question.
    The dialer apps may be cool, but still they are restricted to a few persons, sometimes use several taps which makes it more taps to get to call someone.
    Of course, a T9 search on the Dialpad would be the fastest way to call anyone (that you might only call once in a month and so do not have him in your quickdial or recent calls list). Why can you not say, "yeah, but there is no way to do so, currently"?
    Or if there's a way, tell us. I would like to know, too.
    It's so much easier for me just to slide open the keyboard and start typing, after I have finished the call, I just close the slider and it ends the call (installed a patch for this function).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast