Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    jus saw this in the app catalog and was wondering if anyone has purchased it yet. its $10 im thinking bout getting it despite the hefty pricetag cuz of the issues with the built in messaging app
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    I bought it. It's too buggy for actual use. Stay away from it. It freezes constantly and isnt usable.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    ... and there is another thread that has more conversation about it, likely would find it with a search for IM+.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  4.    #4  
    the searching sucks on this forum, i search IM+ and it didnt even bring up my own thread
    but thanks tidusmccoy1515
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Try a search for Skype. Sure something will show up then.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    try this web based messanger from Mundu for Pre:
    http://pre.mundu.com
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    ummmm

Mundu IM - An Instant Messenger for Palm. The most popular IM for Palm mobile phones. Conference across multiple IM services, chat in European and Asian languages, and more...

there is nothing on that web site that even pertains to the Palm Pre -- only older palm phones

good try tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Did you even try it? It works, and works *quite* well. It's a web based version for the pre, not the old PalmOS app. I've been using mundu on my Pre since day one of it's availability. It made the frontpage of this site when it launched.
    I also have been using Mundu IM on the Pre for awhile. They also have good support when they have server issues and need to fix it. But still no new news regarding if and when they will come out with native webOS app.
    Look at the top, at the palm PRE section. As the guy said, you have to go to pre.mundu.com on the Pre's browser, it's a web based client like meebo until they actually get an app for the platform out.
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    Did you even try it? It works, and works *quite* well. It's a web based version for the pre, not the old PalmOS app. I've been using mundu on my Pre since day one of it's availability. It made the frontpage of this site when it launched.
    oh my bad

i thought you meant there was an app for it

web based MSN isn't the same as apps for some reason ... but ill give it a whirl
    my contact list is so big tho that I can never get msn working on anything on the palm
    oh my bad

i thought you meant there was an app for it

web based MSN isn't the same as apps for some reason ... but ill give it a whirl
    my contact list is so big tho that I can never get msn working on anything on the palm
    Agreed it's not a full blown app but something is better than nothing right? They clearly state they are working on an app specifically for the platform even have a sign up form to be notified when it hits the app store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Agreed it's not a full blown app but something is better than nothing right? They clearly state they are working on an app specifically for the platform even have a sign up form to be notified when it hits the app store.

Since I'm in Canada I won't bother signing up... someone at palm doesn't like getting money or profits, so they don't allow Canadian's to buy apps.

Those of you who say: "THEY WILL EVENTUALLY CHILL OUT"

I say: It doesn't matter -- they are losing potential money right now. Bad business decision, especially for a company short on $$$
    wheres a link to the other topic?
    would love to have a trial of this IM+
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    the searching sucks on this forum, i search IM+ and it didnt even bring up my own thread
    but thanks tidusmccoy1515
    I totally agree!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    I can't even use the web based MSN for mundu

the reason? the reason is the same for all other MSN apps/web based things:

my contact list is too big

such bullsht
    When the PDK comes out, we'll have Trillian Astra... which pretty much will blow all other programs out the water...
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Guys i tried IM+ and its a good app. the main down side is the delay in server connection to send/recieve IM's. also there is a bug regarding Showing/Hiding Offline Contacts in Contact list.
    I test it over WiFi connection.

it connects to server nicely in seconds.
    it makes you able to connect to 2 or more Hotmail accounts simultaneously! or any other IM service ..

changing status to Invisible works very well.
    also a Custom Status works well.
    Contatcs avatars appears also in a good size.
    Clicking on the Top bar of any chat window brings like drop down menu to change between active chat windows easily.
    the ability to hide offline contacts in Preferences.

Server notifications and New IM's appears on Pre Notification bar. Contacts Online/Offline not appears in Notification bar!

also no sound aler for incoming IM's. only short vibe and onscreen text(on notification bar) ...

the abilliy to recieve new IM when screen off, screen turns on for seconds then off with short vibe.

No send files.
    No emoticon. (recieved emoticon also)
    Quiting IM+ app dosnt Offline your IM accounts, you need first to OFF IM service from Accounts!
    amjz: how well does it work in background mode?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    amjz: how well does it work in background mode?
    When IM+ app Card opened and you working on another app, it works well for me and still connected to server. and when IM msg recieved it appears on pre notification bar, but the main issue is the delay of server to send/recieve IM msgs and also ive noticed that server sometime unexpectedly reconnect it self when app running in background.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast