1.    #1  
    I broke my screen! ^_^

So as I was getting into my car, the wind decided to pick up speed and direct its energy to my car door, thus slamming it into my leg. My Palm Pre was there rescue me, taking all of the impact from the door and breaking the capacitive sensor under the plastic. The screen works, but not the touch. So I'm calling Asurion to get it replace, but hoping they will just bill my account instead. They did it for me in the past, and hopefully will do it again.

The bummer part is I lose all my saved games from NFS & The Sims... Why can't they put the game profiles in the Media folder then being hidden?
    and the YAY was for?
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    and the YAY was for?
    Sarcasm...

But it is nice to hear that the Pre sacrificed it's life to save your leg from the attacking door.
    once you pay for NFS and Sims doesnt it save to your profile and you can download them again for free?
    yes, it will always be free to DL apps you already paid for
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    once you pay for NFS and Sims doesnt it save to your profile and you can download them again for free?
    Yes, but it doesn't save your preferences and saved games unfortunately. It would be nice if there was an easy (automated) way for game data to be saved.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't save your preferences and saved games unfortunately. It would be nice if there was an easy (automated) way for game data to be saved.
    That, and/or push the saves in to the media folders for easier access... Future PDK developers...please do this...
    Last edited by groovdafied; 01/26/2010 at 10:17 PM.
  8.    #8  
    YAY AGAIN! They managed to replace it and just put the charge on my bill. this makes things way easier for me. Finally I get to replace my phone, I've been having issues before the screen damage. The sound would rip and tear at random moments during a call, and I would have to smack the bottom of the phone on a hard surface to get it to work again.
    well theres your problem you needed to smack the screen to gt it working
  10. SAO
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    how did you get them to charge your bill? I have a Pre that has been having numerous issues and I need to get it replaced but don't have the cash on hand right now...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I would take it to the Sprint store first. Ive cracked two screens so far (both times the crack went back to the center button) and both times the Sprint store has replaced it free of charge. I know my story isn't the only one of its kind. Its certainly worth a shot.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HechoEnCalifas View Post
    how did you get them to charge your bill? I have a Pre that has been having numerous issues and I need to get it replaced but don't have the cash on hand right now...
    I called in to Assurion and as soon as I told them my issue and they filled out my claim, I asked them if they possibly bill my account instead because I didn't have the money. So usually it's a 'ask and you shall receive' policy maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I would take it to the Sprint store first. Ive cracked two screens so far (both times the crack went back to the center button) and both times the Sprint store has replaced it free of charge. I know my story isn't the only one of its kind. Its certainly worth a shot.
    Negatory, sprint immediately shot me down with just a chipped corner saying I physically damaged it, when I really didn't. And updated my account that it's been flagged as physical damage... Showing them a cracked screen will = $100 replacement guaranteed.