Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, quick question. I had the pre for sprint when it first came out, I returned it after two days, love the phone, i have been a vzw customer since having a cell phone, i am also a tech for vzw. now, when i had it for sprint, i had a LCD white light leak i can only see it on boot up when palm is flashing. I had this issue with my sprint one, and now with my verizon one. Are they all like this? Im just curious to know.
    most of them do all 4 of mine do
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    LOL My worst fear is coming true. F'in Palm, what a bunch of jokers. 6 Months and you still can't fix the issue on a new production of Pres!?!

This is extremely sad, I am losing faith in Palm putting out this kind of junk. BTW To answer your question my phone has TERRIBLE light leakage, and if you use the phone for over 10 min with the screen on it gets terrible with any background. I can't even get mine replaced because "it still works." (Sprint Pre btw)

You want my suggestion? Return the phone, if you really do like the Pre try to find one that doesn't have it. If you can't move on to another device because it is unacceptable at this point.
    Hmmm, all 3 of our launch day pre's screens work fine. Looks like another troll train ready to leave the station.
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    LOL My worst fear is coming true. F'in Palm, what a bunch of jokers. 6 Months and you still can't fix the issue on a new production of Pres!?!

This is extremely sad, I am losing faith in Palm putting out this kind of junk. BTW To answer your question my phone has TERRIBLE light leakage, and if you use the phone for over 10 min with the screen on it gets terrible with any background. I can't even get mine replaced because "it still works." (Sprint Pre btw)

You want my suggestion? Return the phone, if you really do like the Pre try to find one that doesn't have it. If you can't move on to another device because it is unacceptable at this point.
    wow seriously just wow troll much
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    No kidding.

Choo choo
  7.    #7  
    i set up our store demo one and i specifically looked for it and i dont think i saw one on it but im going to double check tomorrow at work, if it doesnt have it, then im deffinitly calling up. i might even check others to make sure, its only noticeable on the boot up but its still annoying.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    wow seriously just wow troll much
    Go to hell, try using my Pre for a day and we'll see exactly how you feel. Try to enjoy a screen that has light leaking all along the bottom for about a half inch of the screen above the gesture area and get back to me. Then have Sprint tell you it isn't a big deal because the phone still works, and Palm ask for $30 to get you a refurb UNDER warranty... ya, I'm a troll alright. I'm just living with it hoping Palm releases a new device in June that isn't plagued with quality issues... but hearing the VZ phones have the issue it isn't exactly promising.

Unacceptable.
    Which One Of You Is The Troll????
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    Which One Of You Is The Troll????
    I dont understand how I can be a troll when I own a Pre and post on the forum regularly? Excuse me for not signing over my first born to a company I have no stake in and calling them out on a poorly built phone... I don't jump on bandwagons, I just buy products I feel do what I need them to and I show no loyalty to a company because at the end of the day they won't show any to me. I respect a good product, period.
    I'm on my 3rd pre. For a variety of build issues- both of which resulted in an inoperable phone. I left Palm long ago because their hardware never lasted a year. I was impressed with the 755P build wise, but the thing would crash even w/ factory fresh apps.

I love Web OS- but think if Palm is serious- they need to farm the OS to hardware /handset companies or they'll never become profitable. Apple was risky being the sole hardware maker- but they've successfully (profitably) have done it for years with their computers and iPods before they decided to do a phone- Palm can't make that claim.

Get Moto/HTC/Samsung- license ANYONE Web OS to get the platform out there- forget the hardware part of the business- there's never any money in it (for Palm) anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonybmancini View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. I had the pre for sprint when it first came out, I returned it after two days, love the phone, i have been a vzw customer since having a cell phone, i am also a tech for vzw. now, when i had it for sprint, i had a LCD white light leak i can only see it on boot up when palm is flashing. I had this issue with my sprint one, and now with my verizon one. Are they all like this? Im just curious to know.
    How about a photo? Atleast a screenshot?
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ipretoo View Post
    Atleast a screenshot?
    You obviously must not be a victim of light leakage, and for that I envy you, but you can't take a screen shot of it since it isn't a software issue. When I get some time tomorrow I'll try to snap a pic of mine... it will make you shed tears of sympathy for me.
    You obviously must not be a victim of light leakage, and for that I envy you, but you can't take a screen shot of it since it isn't a software issue. When I get some time tomorrow I'll try to snap a pic of mine... it will make you shed tears of sympathy for me.
    I meant more as a proof that he has a pre and is not a troll. Antony, take a hint. Either post a picture or shoo!
    seriously *****-ing about some light leakage wow is that all youve got yes my pre leaks some light and it shouldnt the build quality is lacking but its hardly something worth whining like a toddler about
  16.    #16  
    lol how the heck am i troll!?

i was just asking a simple question im not whinning, i could careless, it doesnt really bother me that much I was just curious to know if majority are like this

Its in the top left hand corner, why must i take a picture?

i was just asking a simple question im not whinning, i could careless, it doesnt really bother me that much I was just curious to know if majority are like this

not you the guy throwing a hissy fit sorry if im being misunderstood

Go to hell, try using my Pre for a day and we'll see exactly how you feel. Try to enjoy a screen that has light leaking all along the bottom for about a half inch of the screen above the gesture area and get back to me. Then have Sprint tell you it isn't a big deal because the phone still works, and Palm ask for $30 to get you a refurb UNDER warranty... ya, I'm a troll alright. I'm just living with it hoping Palm releases a new device in June that isn't plagued with quality issues... but hearing the VZ phones have the issue it isn't exactly promising.

Unacceptable.
    troll
    +1x10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast