Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    Its fascinating a self proclaimed gadget site would be so ignorant,

    TODAY, on Jan 26th, 2010. Gizmodo posted an article titled Palm Pre Gets Its First Decent, Official Game: Assassin's Creed

    Palm Pre Gets Its First Decent, Official Game: Assassin's Creed - Palm pre assassin's creed - Gizmodo

    I mean, do these people live in a cave? or they just do nothing other than following apple's ***** all the time? They have 1/3 of stories on apple stuff, ridiculous rumors, etc, etc.

    for the bad site, I decided that the best way to fight it, is to ignore it, not read it. and thats what Im gonna do with gizmodo.
  2. #2  
    What do you want from a bunch of Apple fanatics?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  3. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #3  
    I just find it sad when people are so insecure they have to flock to a company that can give a flying ****** about them.

    Just shows how ignorant they are. Here you have a company, that despite all odds created a very intelligent and in many ways revolutionary system that is being expanded at a rate that is unseen. They are bringing on new talent, making moves in all directions, and just trying to make their product as good as it can be. Then you have losers who have nothing better to do than write nonsense about them just to further fuel their insecurities and make themselves feel better.

    What happened to that days when you could clap for things that were being done well, guess now days everyone is too interested in themselves to clap for the other guy.. oh well screw them.
  4. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #4  
    I quit following them a while ago beause their apple bias was shoehorned into every unrelated story (and I'm a big apple user). But I don't get what's wrong with this article.

    I played assasins creed on iPhone and thought it sucked. Is the pre one a different version or a port.
  5. #5  
    I gotta check out the comments for that story

    EDIT: Well that was anti-climatic, not many comments to start out the flame wars already . Have to check back on it later.
  6. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    But I don't get what's wrong with this article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmodo View Post
    but still worth checking out as it's probably one of the biggest names to hit the Pre (apart from Doom and Quake, which aren't exactly official)

    ..... ya.
  7. #7  
    I stopped reading Gizmodo a while back after getting fed up with childish story after story.

    This is an old article but it sums up Giz well:
    http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/01/11...-and-blogging/
  8. #8  


    Edit: Their blogging isn't just ****....they themselves are as well.

    IE: http://www.breakitdownblog.com/gizmo...nned-from-ces/
  9. #9  
    Well...they were the ones to discover that you can cut cheese with the phone's keyboard...although cutting cheese isn't exactly cutting a rock with a plastic fork... >_>
  10. #10  
    I'm a pretty big gadget geek (especially with smartphones) and I try and follow all the major os'es desktop or mobile. I used to exclusevely read Giz and thought it was much better then enhadget. In the past month or two however, I've switched over completely. Engadget is far less biased IMO and despite Giz's eliteist system of commenting, I find the comments on engadget much more interesting and entertaining. Engadget loves apple too but I think they acknowledge the other players in a good way.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Well...they were the ones to discover that you can cut cheese with the phone's keyboard...although cutting cheese isn't exactly cutting a rock with a plastic fork... >_>
    I remember them making a huge deal about it to. If you cut your yourself with the bottom part of the Keyboard you either need to be in a padded room at all times or wear a helmet.
  12. #12  
    Gizmodo is a poor man Engadget anyways. However I do feel some people are a little sensitive to palm being criticized. Gizmodo also had a story a couple months back saying palm would fail because of android apple and rim. I do not like boycotting a site because I disagree with there articles. People are allowed to comment on Gizmodo and share there opinions on articles. A Boycott seems a bit childish.
  13. LNWJ's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    #13  
    Giz sucks. Stopped reading them a long time ago.
  14. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #14  
    If you like Apple, visit Gizmodo. If you like gadgets, visit Engadget.

    Just look at their current frontpage. The average iphone blog has less posts about Apple.. They do it for the hits I guess..
  15. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #15  
    He's only one writer out of many


    Some writers on there do not like Apple


    I will continue to read Gizmodo, because a "boycott" would be ineffective
  16. #16  
    Without this forum and their posted comments from Gizmodo articles, I'd never know Gizmodo was still around. They made such a deal with the cheese cutting- I thought they were serious! I laughed when I bought my day one phone- actually was somewhat relieved- that I wasn't going to cut myself using my new phone... that's when I realized whomever these Gizmodo folks were are simply NOT in the news reporting biz and are simply fan bois (why does that get edited?) Nothings happened since then to change that impression.
  17. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #17  
    Gizmodo is ranked the 226th website in the US and 596 globally. (gizmodo.com - Site Info from Alexa)

    How many of those people actually care about the Pre enough to boycott it because of this one insignificant article?
  18. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Gizmodo is ranked the 226th website in the US and 596 globally. (gizmodo.com - Site Info from Alexa)

    How many of those people actually care about the Pre enough to boycott it because of this one insignificant article?
    I wouldn't boycott it, thats just stupid, but I was disappointed by that writers lack of knowledge... that said I will wake up tomorrow and probably not even remember this, esp. if this thread gets pushed to the second page.
  19. #19  
    [QUOTE=Slayix312;2180577][IMG]

    Edit: Their blogging isn't just ****....they themselves are as well.

    IE: [url]

    FYI link is broken. Can you update please?
  20. #20  
    [QUOTE=intlbeans;2181200]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    [IMG]

    Edit: Their blogging isn't just ****....they themselves are as well.

    IE: [url]

    FYI link is broken. Can you update please?
    Weird how it broke so quick.

    ...well diff site but same story: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-9849168-2.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions