Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went into Verizon today and bought my Pre Plus and got my Pixi Plus for the misses. I asked them, "So, have you been selling these new phones like hot cakes?" The answer to that question was...NOPE because nobody knows about them.

He told me that in the two days since launch they had maybe sold 5 Pre's and 2 Pixi's. He said there were lines for two days to get the Droid b/c Verizon advertised the hell out of the phone. Not the Pre though.

I don't get it. The Pre is the nicest smartphone out there and it ISN'T EVEN ON THE VERIZON WIRELESS HOME PAGE!!! I haven't seen one commercial for the phone on TV either! I even checked youtube to see if some had been put up on there...NONE!

THE PRE IS THE GREATEST SMARTPHONE NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT!

What is going to happen is Palm is going to go under because they or their carriers didn't advertise their products. I just don't get it.
    Enough with the rants already
    1) It's full page ad on back of today's NY Times

2) Palm is now towards the bottom of the smartphone hotlist. Why should they spend advertising money if people will choose the Droid over the Palm? It's an easier sell - Google turn by turn navigation... free! Huge screen! Over 16,000 applications! Then you've also got the lost list of reliable Blackberries that have been perfected for years... it's tough...
    I agree that VZW isn't helping with getting more webOS devices out there if they dont advertise it. Palm needs all the help it can get and I want to continue to get webOS updates and new apps.

Not to long ago VZW even did advertising for the Centro!
    Everybody should see the light and switch to sprint. lol
    My husband got his Palm Pre Plus yesterday at 5:00pm and it was the first one they'd sold.

I haven't seen a single commercial or print ad from Verizon with the Pre Plus in it.
    I walked into the store yesterday at 10:30 for mine. Was the first one to even ask about it. I have heard a few radio ads and I think that I saw one commercial on TV(not that I watch much of that).
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    You joined just to **** up our forum with this crap?

If you want to rant about Verizon, go to their forums:
    Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

If you want to rant about Sprint, do it on their forum:
    Sprint Community: Sprint Forums

If you want to rant about Palm, do it on their forum:
    Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community

So, so tired of having to sift through these pointless posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    So, so tired of having to sift through these pointless posts.
    Its not pointless if Palm goes out of business. I dont know if you noticed but Palm needs all the help it can get right now.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Heard a Verizon ad for the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus on the radio coming home today.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    enough with the crying already...

Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    The Pre is the nicest smartphone out ...
    lmao, TOTALLY subjective...
    and why do you care if they are advertising the pre and pixi?
    I switched from VZW to Sprint to get the Pre. But I still would like to see VZW advertise Palm devices so Palm does well overall. I like getting my webOS updates every few months and I think they would stop if Palm went out of business
    i didnt see a huge ad campaign for the Touch Pro 2.

MICROSOFT AND HTC MUST BE LIVID!!!!!!!

RABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLE
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Its not pointless if Palm goes out of business. I dont know if you noticed but Palm needs all the help it can get right now.
    no, i didnt notice.

would you be so kind as to show me what brought you to this conclusion?

thank you in advance.
    maybe they are waiting for 1.4 to hit so they can properly advertise flash and video recording and whatever other goodies will be included. be kinda stupid to spend millions touting something that isnt there yet
    Full page ad in USA Today - today!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I heard a Verizon/Palm radio ad this afternoon in the Denver market, so some advertising is being done.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Hey, did you hear about that new Fender Eric Clapton phone? I saw it on TV. Cool!

Really What does this have to do with palm advertising?
    I agree with the OP.

Good post.

I figure there is more to the story, perhaps something to do with what Apple will announce, something to do with Android agreements, waiting for 1.4 update.... no se

Time will tell though
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast