Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I just think it's funny that a phone that is painted to look like a guitar gets more TV advertising then the new Palm phones. Did you see Clapton? He strums the phone.
    Yeah I see that TV ad all the time.
    dang calm down man. the guy just is mad that Verizon's marketing force has completely ignored Palm in their attempts to equate the Droid to the iPhone.

sure it's just how business goes, but considering the video of Verizon's CEO talking about their partnership during Palm's presentation at CES just bugs me.

Palm is an incredibly hardworking, understaffed company that's actually doing some good stuff. that's half the reason I picked up the Pre Plus
    Quick, remind me...which carriers advertise heavily for non-exclusive phones that have been on the market for a bit?

Yup. That would be nobody. Unless the iPhone breaks free, I don't see that changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Quick, remind me...which carriers advertise heavily for non-exclusive phones that have been on the market for a bit?
    make me even more curious about when Palm will put Pre/Pixi on ATT.
    Perhaps Verizon (or Palm) do have a set of TV ads ready to run for the Pre Plus.

Maybe the ads feature the video editing capability (well they should!) and thus can't be shown before WebOS 1.4 appears.

They could have been made a while ago when it may have been thought 1.4 would be ready for the Verizon launch.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

Yup. That would be nobody. Unless the iPhone breaks free, I don't see that changing.
    You are correct I've never seen carriers advertising Blackberrys I guess heavily is subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by sculchy1 View Post
    You are correct I've never seen carriers advertising Blackberrys I guess heavily is subjective.
    Verizon's Blackberry ads almost always concern pricing (e.g. BOGO) or Verizon's network making it better rather than the actual device. The sole exception was the exclusive Storm. The only AT&T ad I have ever seen was for the then-exclusive Bold. Sprint and T-Mobile run virtually no ads featuring Blackberry devices unless they are part of a lineup of several phones.

Keep in mind this doesn't apply to print due to the relatively low cost of ad buys.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hmmm... could it be that Verizon is saving a bulk of their marketing budget to launch a new device. Rumors circulate over an announcement that the iphone will be part of Verizon, and that is suppose to be clarified or confirmed sometime today. VZ has a press conference set up for this afternoon.

In any case, I've tried the iphone, and I REALLY love the pre-- just makes more sense for me.
    I totally agree with this post 100%. Sprint is doing the worst job marketing their phones. U go into a sprint store and its not even out to use. I went into one the other day and asked to see the pixi. they had it in a box and said i could touch it.. just not turn it on.. i wouldn't buy in a million years for that answer. To the idiots that say stop whining about sales and advertising.. this site will be dead along with the palm if vz doesn't kick it in gear and sell these phones. Sprint obviously can't do that. If i was sprint, id just have some guy walk around the mall all day playing with the pre. going up to people showing what it can do. so many people dont even know what it is..when i show them what it can do they are all like omg thats so cool. but you cant tell that from the ads/commercials.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i didnt see a huge ad campaign for the Touch Pro 2.

MICROSOFT AND HTC MUST BE LIVID!!!!!!!

RABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLE

i loled

unless you have stock whats the big deal?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12