1.    #1  
    I cant delete any apps that were installed before the 1.3.1 update. Well they will delete but as soon as the phone is restarted there they are again. right now it is not to much a problem but as my launcher pages continue to fill up it will be a huge problem.

I have already tried the migration helper with no results. When i first did the update I removed all patches individually. I also had to reinstall pms and preware for them to work correctly.

After the reinstall i notice that quick install as well as preware no longer had a list of my installed apps. I thought nothing of it at the time but now it seems unless the apps are listed on either quick install or preware they will continue to return. I have also tried reinstalling the apps to see if i could then delete them, but i just ended up with two of the same apps.

I dont know what went wrong the only thing i can think of is that i may or may not have removed the patches automatically installed by quickinstall before update, i cant remember. I believe they are gnu patch and diff stat. but everything worked fine.

I want doctoring to be an absolute last result since i am completely unfamiliar with it. Im kinda afraid of it.

Also after the latest update my music player is almost unusable and my pre runs no wheres near as smooth or reliable as when i first got it. I think every update just makes the os worse. but one problem at a time. any help is greatly appreciated.
    doctoring is very easy if you can install patches which by your text block it sounds like you can then you can run the doctor
    go to the backup app and turn off auto backup. then when asked do a full erase, this will leave all your paid apps but delete all of the preware patches and homebrew apps. you will also lose your music, pics, videos, contacts and all personal files, so backup what you need to.. your pre will be just like new
  4.    #4  
    1-What can i expect to be deleted when i doctor the phone??
    2-How much control do i actually have over it, do i get to choose what it will delete or do i just click start and wait for it to be over??
    3-What firmware version will I end up at.
    4- I believe i have the latest version of the doctor.
    Honestly I wouldn't mind being back to a version before 1.3.1 if it meant my pre would perform the way it use to. But i believe the majority of the patches i used then were deleted because they were incorporated into the firmware. I could be wrong??
    the doctor will erase everything but what you have stored on the usb partition, no there is no way to control what gets deleted, it will put you at whatever firmwares doctor you use
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    go to the backup app and turn off auto backup. then when asked do a full erase, this will leave all your paid apps but delete all of the preware patches and homebrew apps. you will also lose your music, pics, videos, contacts and all personal files, so backup what you need to.. your pre will be just like new

Is there any way to backup homebrewed apps. most of them are official now and will need to be purchased.
    apps are stored on the usb partition or you could just use the old ipk if you have it
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    the doctor will erase everything but what you have stored on the usb partition, no there is no way to control what gets deleted, it will put you at whatever firmwares doctor you use
    The usb partition is where all my music and photos ect. are kept right??
  9.    #9  
    scratch that last reply
    yes
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    apps are stored on the usb partition or you could just use the old ipk if you have it

ipk??
    the file you use to install apps via quickinstall
  13.    #13  
    sorry man you lost me.
    to install an app through webos quickinstall you download it to your computer than install the folder they come in is a .ipk file
  15.    #15  
    oh ok im back on track. but unfortunately i didnt keep any of them. i might just have to start paying for stuff. so you think a trip to the doc is the only way around this.
    sadly im going to have to say yes unless someone else chimes in
  17.    #17  
    well its too late in the day to start on doctoring so ill just wait till tomorrow. maybe someone will pull a miracle out of there **** and come up with a fix. Ill try to doctor tomorrow after work and ill let you know how it goes. thanks for the help it always appreciated.
    I'm dealing with a similar issue, in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-utility.html

You could try some of the things I've tried, and perhaps they will work for you, but I doubt it. Let me know if you manage to resolve the issue, or if you do perform a Doctoring or Partial/Full erase, how it went and what you lost, if anything. I'll do the same for you if I jump in first.
  19.    #19  
    you got it
    Well, I got impatient, and did the following:

- Emergency Patch Removal

- Forced a backup (Backup, 'Back up now")

- Partial erase (Device Info, Reset Options, Partial Erase)

This fixed all problems I was experiencing. I lost the following:

- App data (saved games, etc)

- Call & message logs (I could have saved these using the database copy trick, but I heard there were various issues for some people in doing so, and I really don't care about my call and message logs)

- Homebrew apps

I didn't lose the following:

- Personal files (everything accessible via USB Mode is left alone with a Partial Erase)

-PDF Redux page progress (I use the PDF Redux patch, which remembers what page I was on for all PDFs)

- Official app catalog apps (including paid apps, which downloaded again for free): these were automatically downloaded and installed for me, so I didn't have to remember what I had

- Contacts

- Tasks (a major concern of mine)

- Favorites in the browser

All in all, a success. I merely reinstalled PreWare using WebOS Quick Install, reinstalled all my homebrew apps and patches, and I'm good to go.