1.    #1  
    I apologize because I'm sure this has been asked, but after searching I couldn't find any relevant answers - but several dated ones that said "not yet" - so maybe "yet" has happened?

Is it possible to save a file from link inside the browser on the Pre?? Specifically an .mp3?

Today - playing around w/ ringtones, I somehow managed to save one. Problem is, I have no idea how I did it!!

I was getting that annoying "ring-a-ding" tone from the Geico commercial, clicked the link, and it kept coming up in the player as "streaming". I tried several combinations of holding down the orange button, holding down shift, orange+shift etc - and nothing seemed to give me an option to save.

BUT - when I went to the Music player - there it was (and still is)!! It is the only 'song' in there. I was then able to go to the ringtone settings and add it as my ringtone (and annoy the hell outta my wife lol).

Question is - was it some kind of glitch that it actually saved it?? Did I somehow stumble on the magic key combo? I haven't been able to do it again w/ any other .mp3 files.

Any ideas?
    is there a link you can provide?
  3.    #3  
    OK - I'm an *****...

It looks like I must have touched the .m4r link on the Geico site in all of my button mashing.

So - interesting - the Pre will download and save a .m4r file, but not a .mp3.

That makes PERFECT sense, Palm.

[Feel free to delete]
    I believe holding down the orange button and tapping brings up the option on what to do with a link.
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    is there a link you can provide?
    Sorry, this was the link...

GEICO | GEICO Car Insurance

and testing again, looks like it was the .m4r that I clicked.

Along those lines though, is there any way on the Pre itself to see a filetype (.mp3 vs .m4r) in the Music player?
    Nevermind lol to download mp3, just click on link and options to stream or download comes up. Thankfully because of the patch helps make this possible.
  7.    #8  
    Thanks for the info/link on the patch. I still have a "day 1 stock Pre", but it may be time to add a patch to it - and this one would be a good start!