Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 111
  1.    #1  
    Not trying to start a rumor mill, but with promised features coming in 1.4, what else could be potentially "unlocked" either for official app/devs or the Homebrew community?

    I guess I'm thinking that 1.3.5 brought the 3D games to the table, and unless I missed it, I don't recall Palm announcing the games would be available with the update. I personally don't play games on my phone so it didn't matter to me, but it was a big deal to some. So, could video recording with sound potentially allow some access to the microphone which could open up a range of apps?

    Or am I way off here?
  2. #2  
    Every update bring unexpected goodies. Patches that fix those little thing that annoy the hell out of you until the update hits.

    But allowing acces to the microphone and opening up a range of apps.... What kind of apps do you mean?
  3. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #3  
    I hope the fix the lack of cursor tracking while typing. So annoying.

    When I'm zoomed into a text field the screen does not follow the cursor so I have to slide the screen over, kind of like a type writer effect.
    Last edited by rashad1; 01/26/2010 at 05:32 PM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I hope the fix the lack of cursor tracking while typing. So annoying.

    When I'm zoomed into a text field the screen does not follow the cursor so I have to slide the screen over, kind of like a type writer affect.
    See, small but annoying. Like when im browsing through a few different web pages, the damn thing keeps refreshing and going back to the home page and the orientation gets all screwed up.

    And yes i applied the patch from preware.... but it just doesnt seem to work
  5. #5  
    Well one thing I would suspect soon after the 1.4 update would be that the SDK would soon have the ability to use the mic. And the reason y I say that is this. When we get 1.4 we will get video recording which not only records the video but audio as well. When we got the 1.3.5 update we got the ability for 3d gaming which wasn't announced with 1.3.5. So when we get 1.4 with video recording I'm suspecting soon after the SDK will implement access to the mic.

    anyone agree or disagree???? Let me know. With a reply and/or thanks.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    Every update bring unexpected goodies. Patches that fix those little thing that annoy the hell out of you until the update hits.

    But allowing acces to the microphone and opening up a range of apps.... What kind of apps do you mean?
    Darth Mo was probably referring to apps such as Shazam (available on andriod)which uses the microphone on your phone to tag music on the radio or television that you don't know the name of.
  7. #7  
    Maybe it will add bluetooth sharing.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker05088 View Post
    Well one thing I would suspect soon after the 1.4 update would be that the SDK would soon have the ability to use the mic. And the reason y I say that is this. When we get 1.4 we will get video recording which not only records the video but audio as well. When we got the 1.3.5 update we got the ability for 3d gaming which wasn't announced with 1.3.5. So when we get 1.4 with video recording I'm suspecting soon after the SDK will implement access to the mic.

    anyone agree or disagree???? Let me know. With a reply and/or thanks.
    I sure hope so
  9. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I hope the fix the lack of cursor tracking while typing. So annoying.

    When I'm zoomed into a text field the screen does not follow the cursor so I have to slide the screen over, kind of like a type writer affect.
    +1
  10. #10  
    1.4 is going to be a big update... It will be the first update for Verizon people, so I'm sure Palm will be trying to impress them.
  11. #11  
    if it gives access to the mic then wouldn't we soon be having a voice command/dialing app?
  12. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    See, small but annoying. Like when im browsing through a few different web pages, the damn thing keeps refreshing and going back to the home page and the orientation gets all screwed up.

    And yes i applied the patch from preware.... but it just doesnt seem to work
    As a former/current iPhone user I notice the small things.

    The text selection, copy, and paste on the Pre is like an after thought, too complex and elaborate. It is also very limited.

    The cursor tracking as I mentioned.

    Also the auto-zooming isn't as "intelligent", it messes up sometimes. The font is often too small while in portrait. This could be due to the small screen size, while having the same resolution.

    The music player is laggy sometimes, I rarely use it for mp3's because the battery life decreases rapidly in doing so.

    Lack of a native virtual keyboard, the downloadable one takes a while to load because it can take a few tries. It also lags, and doesn't have auto correct, which brings me to my last point.

    The reason the VKB on the iPhone works so well, its because it has great autocorrect. It can also learn new words that it didn't know at first. The 3,000 autoreplace words in Preware isnt that good and sometimes will replace a correctly spelled word with a word of it's choice.
  13. Evad1029's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #13  
    Copy and paste on a web page would be great
  14. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evad1029 View Post
    Copy and paste on a web page would be great
    How about copy and paste anywhere there is text or an image?

    I have more little things to complain about.


    There is no option to open links in a new card, the patch doesn't work for me

    There also isnt anyway to save pictures directly off of a webpage

    and people are ready to call this the best mobile browser after it gets flash, ha
    That's if everyone even gets flash.
  15. #15  
    uh thats available. Just not a single word.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  16. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    uh thats available. Just not a single word.
    Can you be more specific please? To whom and what are you responding to?
  17. Evad1029's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #17  
    Hold the orange key and tap the picture and it should save it
  18. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evad1029 View Post
    Hold the orange key and tap the picture and it should save it
    Not very intuitive, I should be able to press and hold the picture to save/copy it.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Not very intuitive, I should be able to press and hold the picture to save/copy it.
    sounds kinda nitpicky to me... it's not much harder to press the orange button as well...
    This signature for rent
  20. #20  
    I would like an official virtual keyboard and official visual voicemail app.
    Currently using a Palm Pre running 1.3.5.1
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions