Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    anyone here anything about flash being in the update?
    just to let you know, dont get your hopes up...
    anyone know what happened to the mobile hotspot app? can't find a link anywhere
    As for flash, im pretty sure they said it was going to be downloadable from the App Store, but only for Pre, not Pixi.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
    It doesnt really matter. From what I can tell Apple and Palm have infringed on each others patents already which puts them in a virtual "cold-war". For instance, Palm has the patent on dimming elements on the phone based on ambient light which iPhone uses and vice-versa with pinch-zoom. This list goes on and neither side apparently wants to start a nuclear launch of lawsuits.

I see little regard for each others patents at this point.
    Incorrect. Apple does not hold a patent on pinch and zoom.
    they hold a patent for multi touch
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    they hold a patent for multi touch
    Nope. They got a patent that specifies exactly how the multi-touch affects commands, but not a patent for the overall use. That patent was awarded well before the Pre was released, and most experts seem to agree that it doesn't indicate the Pre is violating it.

I would be interested if you are talking about something else, but if you're talking about patent #7,479,949 awarded early last year, I don't think it applies. It was pretty specfic on functionality.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just want palm to open up with a mic sdk. If they gave mic support that would mean there would be a ton of good apps using it!
    Does anyone know about the Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended Battery, and whether or not it is going to improve any time soon? I have read a boatload of reviews, and I am still struggling with making the purchase. Don't mind the bigger cover concept or the soft back vs. the slick back, but the flash/camera problem is a concern, especially if 1.4 does have video capabilities. Plus, I have that kinda' luck that right after I buy the 2600, a week later they will start selling the 3200 with all the camera improvements. First time caller, long time listener. Thanks
    i still have issues with the dbl tap to zoom on certain pages.. i hope this gets resolved
    Please move all webOS 1.4 anticipation discussion to this new thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ight=webOS+1.4

- Craig
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456