Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. qqq
    i'm guessing it will be like all the rest of the updates: a few bug fixes, no new functionality. pre is already an old platform, they'll save new goodies like video recording, voice dial, real bluetooth support, etc.. for a new platform like pre plus or whatever they're calling it, if they do them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Not very intuitive, I should be able to press and hold the picture to save/copy it.
    Why "should" you be able to do that? Because a system you're more used to did it that way?

Guess what ...
    and people are ready to call this the best mobile browser after it gets flash, ha
    That's if everyone even gets flash.
    It is. For some.

Obviously not for you. You should get the best mobile browser available for you.

Seriously!!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qqq View Post
    i'm guessing it will be like all the rest of the updates: a few bug fixes, no new functionality. pre is already an old platform, they'll save new goodies like video recording, voice dial, real bluetooth support, etc.. for a new platform like pre plus or whatever they're calling it, if they do them at all.
    ..what are you talking about? Have you not read any news about 1.4? Video recording is coming to ALL WebOS devices, all will ALL future updates. The Pre Plus is no special exception..it doesn't get any special treatment.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why "should" you be able to do that? Because a system you're more used to did it that way?

Guess what ...
    No because it's easier and more intuitive. It's similar to how you would do it on your PC/Mac.

Also I just noticed on my way from the store, that these methods (copy/paste/select/save) require two hands. Where as the system I am proposing (the iPhone's) requires one. I was carrying a really heavy grocery bag so I could not paste this text I wanted to send. I haven't had this problem before.
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    I don't care if I have to hold the orange button- but where does sprint/palm TELL you how to do this is my question? My old palm had great menus- this one has so few options I can barely do anything...only to find out there is a way to do something- but you have to be "in the know".

I've never owned an iphone but have used it- and it's wealth of options and intuitive menus make it a much easier phone for most "casual" cellphone users than the Pre. My wife is a huge palm fan- but HATES my pre for this very reason. She'd go to an iphone if it had a real keyboard and was on another network other than ATT- sad the keyboard thing will never happen.
    Really not being a smart-a here, have you tried typing HELP at the main screen?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Really not being a smart-a here, have you tried typing HELP at the main screen?
    I've had my Pre for more than half a year and never figured that one out. I guess I never expected HELP to be an application. I will be using this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I like the idea of using the gesture area as a button such as the equivalent of the Ctrl button on a computer. Touching the gesture area and then highlighting text should automatically copy it.

We also need an ability to move a cursor. This becomes an issue when typing in a text field on a web page because one can't navigate a text field.
    Hold the orange key in a editable txt field. Slide left or right. Cursor moves with it.....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Not trying to start a rumor mill, but with promised features coming in 1.4, what else could be potentially "unlocked" either for official app/devs or the Homebrew community?

I guess I'm thinking that 1.3.5 brought the 3D games to the table, and unless I missed it, I don't recall Palm announcing the games would be available with the update. I personally don't play games on my phone so it didn't matter to me, but it was a big deal to some. So, could video recording with sound potentially allow some access to the microphone which could open up a range of apps?

Or am I way off here?
    I think they deliberately targeted CES for big announcements, so they had to gradually prepare and test the features first. 1.4 is the big patch and I don't see any other big events coming up, so I doubt they would put in anything interesting in addition to what we know. I would glad to be wrong, though.

That said, what you pointed out is highly likely, because it has to be done in some way for the video recording. However, I doubt Palm would provide additional apps that utilizes the mic.

I do hope Palm would work closely with EA and Gameloft to bring more 3D games to the App store. That's one thing that would draw in some young crowds. I already spent $20 just on the 3D games. Overall I have spent about $100 on apps and related softwares (sync softwares), so more apps means more $$ for Palm and developers.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    You just mentioned webkit...and Safari Mobile is the best one out there. Apple developed webkit, so they've developed the best webkit browser out there (including features)...Oprea Mobile is the best for WM phones, and is an unfortunate browser...it once was the best option, before 2007
    ahh, I didn't know this... I thought webkit was the an open source thing not done by corps.
    visual voicemall is integrated in the insincts with sprint visual voicemail as well as the new android phones, and verizons storm with verizons version. I'm sure there's more.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I hope 1.4 bring noticeable speed, not imaginative speed like past updates. I need my app to open faster, real fast. I want my app to open Now, not 3 seconds later. I'm on the NOW network. This should be expected, right?.
    I agree. Need speed and battery life improvements immediately. Like now! Everything else is a bonus! OK, on second thoughts, the only major things I can think of:

1. Improved bluetooth functionality (including file transfers!)
    2. Mic support in SDK to enable recording apps (voice and call recording)
    3. Opening up app catalog for purchase of apps worldwide
    4. Equaliser for the music player - I would love to get a bass boost (even a simple bass boost on/off toggle might just work - the rest of the sound is perfect!)
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    im hoping more of the operating system will be handled by the gpu, like the little swipes and fades. I think this will really speed things up.

what I think would be really awesome, though, is if the cam and mic were accessible by flash. this would really open a lot of doors.. if only thee was a front facing camera...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I was talking about Visual Voicemail...what other company officially supports it?
    I had visual voicemail with my Samsung Instinct, and it's the one feature I miss from that phone the most (probably the only one). It also had the virtual keyboard, so I don't see there being any problem with any other sprint phone supporting either of these features.

Since this thread seems to have become a wish list for WebOS 1.4 here is what i would like:
    Being able to use the Photo Geotagging without using a thrid party website. (perhaps a button between the forward picture and delete picture buttons that you can click on and poof it opens a map program and I see where I was; or similarly being to able to look at the properties of the picture on my desktop and copy/paste the coordinates)

Visual voice mail

Bluetooth sharing

Video recording

File manager (not as big a deal, but would be nice)

and for the recored I don't have a google voice account or a flicker account for me to be able to use the visual voice mail or geotagging, respectively. Nor do I want to create either one.
    How about copy and paste anywhere there is text or an image?

I have more little things to complain about.

There is no option to open links in a new card, the patch doesn't work for me

There also isnt anyway to save pictures directly off of a webpage

and people are ready to call this the best mobile browser after it gets flash, ha
    That's if everyone even gets flash.

"There also isnt anyway to save pictures directly off of a webpage"

yes there is just use the orange button and click on the image. that update was like 1.2
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    "There also isnt anyway to save pictures directly off of a webpage"

yes there is just use the orange button and click on the image. that update was like 1.2
    You're like the 4th person to say that, it's still not possible in landscape with the phone closed...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    You're like the 4th person to say that, it's still not possible in landscape with the phone closed...

It is also not possible to read your email whist looking at the back of the phone. You really are being picky here. Try sliding the keyboard open, it is not like every time you use the the phone you have to copy a picture form a webpage.
    I just want my battery to stop being something like 9% usage per hour back to the <5% that it was before they "upgraded" the OS last time.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The one thing I think should have already been added is the ability to change the sounds/tones the phone makes. I have several friends that have Pres now and we ALL have the same sound for email. "Was that mine, or yours?"
    It would be even better if I could specify different tones for different accounts on my Pre. I could then know a work email from a personal message without looking at the phone.
    SPH-8500-->600-->650-->700-->755p-->Pre
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast