Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 111
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    not at all, if I'm in landscape I have to rotate the phone slide out the keyboard just save a picture?

    I would of never even thought of pressing the orange key, pressing and holding the picture seems a lot more simple, while accomlishing the same task.

    I would like to see this intergated into the phone app instead of an external app for it. They might be infindging on Apple's patents if they officially support it though.
    There is a patch in preware for a context menu but pressing the gesture area and then the picture. Then you can save without opening the keyboard. Works everytime for me. A day late a dollar short....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    As a former/current iPhone user I notice the small things.

    The text selection, copy, and paste on the Pre is like an after thought, too complex and elaborate. It is also very limited.

    The cursor tracking as I mentioned.

    Also the auto-zooming isn't as "intelligent", it messes up sometimes. The font is often too small while in portrait. This could be due to the small screen size, while having the same resolution.

    The music player is laggy sometimes, I rarely use it for mp3's because the battery life decreases rapidly in doing so.

    Lack of a native virtual keyboard, the downloadable one takes a while to load because it can take a few tries. It also lags, and doesn't have auto correct, which brings me to my last point.

    The reason the VKB on the iPhone works so well, its because it has great autocorrect. It can also learn new words that it didn't know at first. The 3,000 autoreplace words in Preware isnt that good and sometimes will replace a correctly spelled word with a word of it's choice.
    As a former iPhone user, I hated the auto correct feature on the phone. It constantly and I mean constantly replaced correctly spelled words with different words! I believe it was implemented poorly. And btw imo the pres keyboard blows the iPhones virtual keyboard out of the water!
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    sad
    I'd like your avatar to take me out for dinner!
  4. #44  
    I distinctly remember that Jon Rubenstein said webOS 1.4 enables Flash. That's when Adobe will make the beta available. I'm guessing that 1.4 will include additional graphics library and browser support for it. Look for something from the carriers on or before February 18, when Adobe does their dog and pony show.

    Looking further out (but maybe not), I'd like to see WebKit with WebGL and SceneJS support. The entire webOS experience could be in 3D.
  5. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjc501 View Post
    As a former iPhone user, I hated the auto correct feature on the phone. It constantly and I mean constantly replaced correctly spelled words with different words! I believe it was implemented poorly. And btw imo the pres keyboard blows the iPhones virtual keyboard out of the water!
    they both are appropriate at certain times. For instance when its freezing and your fingers are numb a virtual keyboard is ideal, or when you want to text really quickly without opening your phone, or when your in landscape mode that physical keyboard is next to useless, etc etc...try using the VKB without autocorrect. You will be typing gibberish unless you type at one letter per second.

    for example, it is rather common to type there or even something worse like yjrer or something autocorrection will look at those keys and determine you meant to type there.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    they both are appropriate at certain times. For instance when its freezing and your fingers are numb a virtual keyboard is ideal, or when you want to text really quickly without opening your phone, or when your in landscape mode that physical keyboard is next to useless, etc etc...try using the VKB without autocorrect. You will be typing gibberish unless you type at one letter per second.

    for example, it is rather common to type there or even something worse like yjrer or something autocorrection will look at those keys and determine you meant to type there.
    Well, I can wear gloves and type on the pre. Cant do that with a virtual keyboard! I agree they should implement auto correction similar to the older treos but not like the iPhones garbage implementation. And it takes less then a second to turn your phone and use the hard keyboard. Palm should add a virtual keyboard to give people an option though. It will also be one less thing for people to whine about.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Not trying to start a rumor mill, but with promised features coming in 1.4, what else could be potentially "unlocked" either for official app/devs or the Homebrew community?

    I guess I'm thinking that 1.3.5 brought the 3D games to the table, and unless I missed it, I don't recall Palm announcing the games would be available with the update. I personally don't play games on my phone so it didn't matter to me, but it was a big deal to some. So, could video recording with sound potentially allow some access to the microphone which could open up a range of apps?

    Or am I way off here?
    Well, I wouldn't say "way off", but if we're talking about them, we can't really call them "unexpected" goodies, can we?

    Just sayin' ...
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    agreed, kinda blows to have to have your keyboard open while browsing.
    There is a patch that replaces the orange button with the gesture bar. I very much like this patch.

    I would like to see the addition of the media catalog API to the SDK so NaN player can finally be released.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  9. a2k
    a2k is offline
    a2k's Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evad1029 View Post
    Hold the orange key and tap the picture and it should save it
    I like this and agree. Palm, are you listening?!
  10. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by tjc501 View Post
    Well, I can wear gloves and type on the pre. Cant do that with a virtual keyboard! I agree they should implement auto correction similar to the older treos but not like the iPhones garbage implementation. And it takes less then a second to turn your phone and use the hard keyboard. Palm should add a virtual keyboard to give people an option though. It will also be one less thing for people to whine about.
    You must wear latex thin gloves because if I wear gloves I can't feel which key I'm hitting, since there is no skin contact, and the thicker the glove the less accurate your typing is. Also, you must wear touchscreen compatible gloves because most of the functions on the Pre require use of the touchscreen.
  11. #51  
    Why does everyone have to complain about what the pre doesnt have? And complain about what it does have. If you dont like what palm offers there is a ton of other phones that you can go too. Stop complaining and go make your perfect phone yourself. Oh you cant do that... No money to do that.... Then stop hating on the pre. Or just be happy with what you have or like i said go to a different phone. Really complaining about auto correct. Go to the Iphone and you will have it. I like the pre and if there is something that i cant live with out then ill go else where. Palm will give us what they want when they want too.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    they both are appropriate at certain times. For instance when its freezing and your fingers are numb a virtual keyboard is ideal, or when you want to text really quickly without opening your phone, or when your in landscape mode that physical keyboard is next to useless, etc etc...try using the VKB without autocorrect. You will be typing gibberish unless you type at one letter per second.
    I've gotten used to using the keyboard in landscape mode with one thumb. It's not as fast as portrait mode, but it's still usable in those moments when I'm too lazy to rotate the phone 90 degrees.
  13. #53  
    I don't care if I have to hold the orange button- but where does sprint/palm TELL you how to do this is my question? My old palm had great menus- this one has so few options I can barely do anything...only to find out there is a way to do something- but you have to be "in the know".

    I've never owned an iphone but have used it- and it's wealth of options and intuitive menus make it a much easier phone for most "casual" cellphone users than the Pre. My wife is a huge palm fan- but HATES my pre for this very reason. She'd go to an iphone if it had a real keyboard and was on another network other than ATT- sad the keyboard thing will never happen.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    I don't care if I have to hold the orange button- but where does sprint/palm TELL you how to do this is my question? My old palm had great menus- this one has so few options I can barely do anything...only to find out there is a way to do something- but you have to be "in the know".
    It's in the Help app provided on the last launcher page. You'd be surprised at the info you could find just by looking for it.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    how about Safari Mobile


    also their should be a universal way to scroll to the top of the screen immediately, similar...actually just like the iPhone
    Uh... Safari Mobile Browser = WebOS Browser, they are both webkit. I'm talking about useful features, not rendering engines.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    Why does everyone have to complain about what the pre doesnt have? And complain about what it does have. If you dont like what palm offers there is a ton of other phones that you can go too. Stop complaining and go make your perfect phone yourself. Oh you cant do that... No money to do that.... Then stop hating on the pre. Or just be happy with what you have or like i said go to a different phone. Really complaining about auto correct. Go to the Iphone and you will have it. I like the pre and if there is something that i cant live with out then ill go else where. Palm will give us what they want when they want too.
    If everyone took this approach products would never be improved. I agree that complaining sometimes gets a little old, but so does the 'be happy or leave' mentality.

    I love my Pre but that doesn't mean there aren't areas I'd love to see improved. It's all about continuing to improve a product. I like my Pre much more now that it's capable of graphics than I did a few weeks ago, products are meant to get better, not stay the same.
  17. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Uh... Safari Mobile Browser = WebOS Browser, they are both webkit. I'm talking about useful features, not rendering engines.
    You just mentioned webkit...and Safari Mobile is the best one out there. Apple developed webkit, so they've developed the best webkit browser out there (including features)...Oprea Mobile is the best for WM phones, and is an unfortunate browser...it once was the best option, before 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    If everyone took this approach products would never be improved. I agree that complaining sometimes gets a little old, but so does the 'be happy or leave' mentality.


    I love my Pre but that doesn't mean there aren't areas I'd love to see improved. It's all about continuing to improve a product. I like my Pre much more now that it's capable of graphics than I did a few weeks ago, products are meant to get better, not stay the same.

  18. osirus's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #58  
    + 1 Here
    Hi Everybody!!!
  19. #59  
    I like the idea of using the gesture area as a button such as the equivalent of the Ctrl button on a computer. Touching the gesture area and then highlighting text should automatically copy it.

    We also need an ability to move a cursor. This becomes an issue when typing in a text field on a web page because one can't navigate a text field.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    If everyone took this approach products would never be improved. I agree that complaining sometimes gets a little old, but so does the 'be happy or leave' mentality.

    I love my Pre but that doesn't mean there aren't areas I'd love to see improved. It's all about continuing to improve a product. I like my Pre much more now that it's capable of graphics than I did a few weeks ago, products are meant to get better, not stay the same.
    I agree that products are ment to get better. But it does no good for all the complaining. Like i said if palm wants us to have it they will release it. Im just saying Stop the complaining and be happy with what we have. When its time palm will give is what they want us to have.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions