Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    sounds kinda nitpicky to me... it's not much harder to press the orange button as well...
    not at all, if I'm in landscape I have to rotate the phone slide out the keyboard just save a picture?

I would of never even thought of pressing the orange key, pressing and holding the picture seems a lot more simple, while accomlishing the same task.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer View Post
    I would like an official virtual keyboard and official visual voicemail app.
    I would like to see this intergated into the phone app instead of an external app for it. They might be infindging on Apple's patents if they officially support it though.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I feel like screen real estate is very small.
    I hope they fix that in 1.4.
    i want my pre to put a sexy dress on and take me out to dinner
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    not at all, if I'm in landscape I have to rotate the phone slide out the keyboard just save a picture?

I would of never even thought of pressing the orange key, pressing and holding the picture seems a lot more simple, while accomlishing the same task.

I would like to see this intergated into the phone app instead of an external app for it. They might be infindging on Apple's patents if they officially support it though.
    I thought that too at first but then I realized how often I press on the screen to slowly scroll and I could see the pre thinking I'm trying to save a picture and that would get annoying. Besides I don't save that many pictures as to where it's a hassle.
    This signature for rent
    i dont think apple has a patent for a virtual keyboard.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Maybe I dreamt this, but I seem to remember someone mentioning that voice dialing hooks are present in the 1.3.5 release. VoiceDial might be coming in 1.4.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It doesnt really matter. From what I can tell Apple and Palm have infringed on each others patents already which puts them in a virtual "cold-war". For instance, Palm has the patent on dimming elements on the phone based on ambient light which iPhone uses and vice-versa with pinch-zoom. This list goes on and neither side apparently wants to start a nuclear launch of lawsuits.

I see little regard for each others patents at this point.
    How about copy and paste anywhere there is text or an image?

I have more little things to complain about.

There is no option to open links in a new card, the patch doesn't work for me

There also isnt anyway to save pictures directly off of a webpage

and people are ready to call this the best mobile browser after it gets flash, ha
    That's if everyone even gets flash.
    Have you EVER tried holding orange while clicking links or pictures? Try it now and tell me what you see. You CAN save from pic from webpage and you CAN open a link in a new card.
    1. Copy paste that's universal and a bit more intuitive.

2. Some changes in the notifications

3. More speed, better battery life
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i want my pre to put a sexy dress on and take me out to dinner
    sad
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I was talking about Visual Voicemail...what other company officially supports it?
    Not to get off topic, but would the flash update come from palm, like say 1.3.5.2 or something or in the app store? I would imagine it would come straight from the palm update menu.
  13. SAO
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Coming back to the Pre from a Hero I really miss Shazam and I'm hoping that with the new update that we finally land that app for the Pre/Pixi. Also a VKB and visual voicemail and voice dialing would be bad ***. On the Hero you could also convert voice to text messages and that was prett damn cool as well. We'll see though. I'm really hoping that Palm does something for the reception on this Pre, I'm tired of having so many dropped/garbled calls in places that ILve never had issues before (so I know it's not the network.) also, I'm hoping that there's not too many bugs with this update as it seems that for every good thing we get, Palm manages to fudge something else.
    Well I'm really hoping for better browser features, something like how Opera Mobile works. And also including a text box resize so you don't have to scroll from left to right >_>
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Well I'm really hoping for better browser features, something like how Opera Mobile works. And also including a text box resize so you don't have to scroll from left to right >_>
    how about Safari Mobile

also their should be a universal way to scroll to the top of the screen immediately, similar...actually just like the iPhone

In landscape or portrait mode, you can press the 'gesture area' and tap on the photo and menu will pop-up with the choices "Share Image" and "Copy to Photos" with the "GestureClick patch".

No keyboard necessary.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    In landscape or portrait mode, you can press the 'gesture area' and tap on the photo and menu will pop-up with the choices "Share Image" and "Copy to Photos" with the "GestureClick patch".

No keyboard necessary.
    that's not working for me, must not work for every image. There still should be a universal unified why to execute such a simple task
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    how about Safari Mobile

also their should be a universal way to scroll to the top of the screen immediately, similar...actually just like the iPhone
    Maybe you should just go back to the iPhone...
    @rashad1 maybe you should have stuck with your iPhone? Seems like every little nag of yours is accompanied by "like my iPhone". I too am an iPhone-defector and agree with many of your little problems but seriously give it a rest dude...is there anything that you like about the Pre?

EDIT: Nevermind while browsing another topic I found this post by rashad1 that explains it all: http://forums.precentral.net/2172361-post18.html
    Last edited by intlbeans; 01/26/2010 at 08:13 PM.
    Not very intuitive, I should be able to press and hold the picture to save/copy it.
    agreed, kinda blows to have to have your keyboard open while browsing.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast