1.    #1  
    Ok guys,
    Ive noticed this error coming up on a few apps im trying to install. I think it started a few weeks ago when the beta catalog was also introduced. I got this error both from beta catalog and the real app catalog. Here is what happens.

You download an app, it finishes downloading and goes to installing, then the notification pops up saying it successfully installed, but the screen still says installing, then if you view the app in launcher, it still shows that its downloading/installing. This happened for MiniMap, and now its happening for the following for me.

1. MiniMap
    2. M:Vampire
    3. Visual Voicemail

I tried deleting and then downloading, even after a reboot and no dice. Anybody got a good solution on this one?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Download a different one till one works

Actually have ran across this before, think it might be something with the last upgrade or with the apps themselves. Probably will get fixed with the next upgrade.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I have the same problem for the most part... Except I installed a patch via preware and it installed a script and now it doesnt work.
    There is an exclamation point (!) within a yellow triangle over the app icon. If re-DL it, it says downloading/installing, then I need to reboot the phone but the install still fails...
    help!
    I've had similar trouble lately also.

Recently (this week? possibly late last week) I saw this with an ap update, then today on installing a new ap. In both cases the update/ap seems to have installed ok after some random thrashing. Yeah, I know -- "random thrashing" doesn't really describe a repeatable procedure. Sorry. I came with more question than answer.

In today's case, the new ap icon (normal / no "update button") appeared in the launcher after a full restart (hold power -> Power -> Reset) and the ap launched. If I recall correctly, the update thrash a couple of days ago resolved similarly.

So maybe try this:
    . install/update an ap
    . if you get the "installed" banner notification but the App Catalog remains hung at "installing",
    and
    . if the ap icon in the launcher has the blue "update button" overlay,
    then
    . reboot
    . after reboot, check if the normal ap icon appears in the launcher and/or if the ap launches.

I have Preware and some patches & services installed.

Obviously I've not included a lot of specifics at this point. Wasn't s'posed to be today's project.

Hopefully someone with a better clue will pass this way soon...
    I'm getting this on some (but not all) apps after upgrading to 1.4. I get the notification saying it was installed, but then the App Catalog still says "installing..." and the blue overlay is over the icon in the launcher. Resetting the phone causes the app icon to disappear, and in the App Catalog it's listed as not installed.

Only has happened to 2 app catalog apps. Preware works fine.
    Same problem here. Only for app catalog apps. Luna rescan fixes the problem, but there must be some way to fix it other than resorting to a Doctor?

It started for me with the 1.3.5.1 update, IIRC.
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 02/28/2010 at 06:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p.mc View Post
    I've had similar trouble lately also.

[...]
    In today's case, the new ap icon (normal / no "update button") appeared in the launcher after a full restart (hold power -> Power -> Reset) and the ap launched. If I recall correctly, the update thrash a couple of days ago resolved similarly.
    Thanks, restarting the phone got the "installing..." unwedged.

I had several wedged (I think the first one might have failed to do a poor net connection, and then the other downloads after it also got stuck).