1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Is using the power button the only way to end a call when using the speaker? So without the speakerphone, the proximity sensor turns on the screen when I take it away from my face and I simply end the call.

When on speakerphone, the screen remains off until I hit the power button. Am I missed something, or is this just something I have to live with?

Thanks-- Paul
  2.    #2  
    bump...
    Uhmm, my speakerphone behavior doesn't exhibit was yours is doing. When on speakerphone, my proximity sensor does nothing to my screen. My screen remains lit the entire time, allowing me to end the call with the "end call" icon.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I have had to learn to live with it too (no patches/themes btw.) usually by the time I've gone thru all the necessary steps to end the call, the other party has ended it first. So I guess that makes it easy lol.
    yeah, i don't think i've ended one call on my phone, (with the exception of the people that won't shut up and annoy me) I just let the other party handle the dirty work
  6.    #6  
    There's always my fear that I 'think' I have ended a call (especially a conference call) by the other party ending the call, and then I say something I don't want them to hear! :-)

My workaround seems to be to hit the power button which relights the screen so I can end the call. I really wish the center button would turn the screen back on. Oh well, I am approaching the end of one week with the phone and I am diggin' it more every day. It's very slick. I have owned ipods since day one and worked up to the iTouch when it first came out. I still love it for music and browsing, but the form factor feels old and square to me. After my time with the iTouch, I knew I would never want an iPhone and I REALLY knew I would not subject myself to AT&T ever again.

Thanks all-- Paul
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Uhmm, my speakerphone behavior doesn't exhibit was yours is doing. When on speakerphone, my proximity sensor does nothing to my screen. My screen remains lit the entire time, allowing me to end the call with the "end call" icon.
    I am glad mine shuts off. I have con calls that often last 90 minutes. The speakerphone uses a lot of juice, I certainly wouldn't want the screen lit up for that long, it would really gobble the battery. In fact, I use speakerphone for virtually all my work calls as I need my hands free. Oh-- I work from home and don't have a landline any longer.