Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I was wondering, if Palm is so supportive of Homebrew (apps, patches and themes, etc.), why don't they put Preware in the official App Catalog to make it easier for new users to download and go?

Maybe there is more to it, just throwing it out there. Seems like that would be the easiest way to get everyone on board to start tweaking their phones.

Thanks...just want to start the discussion.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    lol palm wouldent go for that because if they had millions of people randomly tweaking their phones then we would have problems of people breaking their phones causeing havoc for tech support lol
    It's because Palm does not allow "advanced homebrew".

By that I mean apps that use postinst/prem scripts, such as Package Manager Service (as used by Preware).

It's the same reason you'll never see LED Torch, Internalz, wIRC, NetStats, freeTether, etc. in the App Catalog.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppyjm View Post
    lol palm wouldent go for that because if they had millions of people randomly tweaking their phones then we would have problems of people breaking their phones causeing havoc for tech support lol
    If I had to guess why, this would be it. Imagine hundreds of thousands of people using patches and having issues. Palm CS couldn't handle that...