1.    #1  
    Hello All! I just got my Palm Pre Plus from VZW last night and am trying to figure out some of the functions. I have read the user guide and looked through the tips section on this site, but couldn't find any answers. I thought may you guys can help me.

1. When I "exit" a program by flicking it upwards, does it really exit the program or just keeps it running in the back ground. I think it's running in the back ground because... see question 2.

2. How do I log off and exit AIM completely? I setup my AIM on the Plus this morning and "exited" the program by flicking upwards. When my GF sent me an IM about an hour later, it showed up in my phone. How do I log off and exit AIM completely?

3. How do I get my Contact Birthdays in the calendar without going through Google? Is there a setting in the desktop manager?

4. Can I select multiple email messages and delete them at once?

5. Can I select multiple email messages and mark them as "Read"?

6. How do I customize notification sounds for text. AIM, Email and missed calls?

Thank you in advance!

Steve
    1. Closed.

2. You have to be unavailable.

3. Google, or Outlook... or type them in by hand... ouch.

4. No

5. No

6. Homebrew, My notifications, or through Sounds menu. I don't use AIM, but I think it uses the same notification as text...

Also, a good read http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    for number 5 there is somethin close...it's a mark all as read/delete patch...read the info on that link that's provided..you will find alllll that you need to know..and make sure you install PREWARE...it enhances ur pre x10 with all the patches you can add to ur phone
    They need an archieve button for IMAP on google accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    They need an archieve button for IMAP on google accounts.
    Blatherdrift, An easy way to Archive on Google accounts is to go under account preferences and change your default folder for "Trash" to All Mail, this means any time you click the trash icon, it archives it for you. I have really enjoyed this for a while.

Hope that helps!
    2. You have to go in to the messaging app > buddies > and select "Offline" instead of Available/Busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nkbme View Post
    Blatherdrift, An easy way to Archive on Google accounts is to go under account preferences and change your default folder for "Trash" to All Mail, this means any time you click the trash icon, it archives it for you. I have really enjoyed this for a while.

Hope that helps!
    I did something similar, but I set up a label called "Pre deleted messages" just so I can see which messages I look through and delete on my Pre.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    1. Closed.

2. You have to be unavailable.

3. Google, or Outlook... or type them in by hand... ouch.

4. No

5. No

6. Homebrew, My notifications, or through Sounds menu. I don't use AIM, but I think it uses the same notification as text...

Also, a good read
    So once I log on to AIM, I can't log off? I am using AIM on my desktop right now and it's rather annoying to have the "signed on in multiple locations" warning all the time.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    2. You have to go in to the messaging app > buddies > and select "Offline" instead of Available/Busy.
    Thanks for suggestion. There's actually a Sign Off option under there.