1.    #1  
    The more I read about the Palm Pre Plus, it makes me think, "Hey thanks Sprint users" for doing all the leg work, now that we can improve this product because of what we learned from you, there is no way you can have the new and improved version. Some will say just "go to Verizon", well I don't want to pay $175 to get out of this contract, get crappy reception, pay more for service, and have the worlds worst customer service people (At the Stores) to deal with.
    Is there any chance Sprint will have a shot at the Pre Plus. Thanks in advance.
    Give it time. Sprint has had this phone less than a year.
    I do so hate exclusives. Bad for consumers. That being said, Sprint and Palm have had a pretty good relationship for a long time, so I doubt seriously that Sprint will be left out on future WebOs pohones. Sprint will likely get an updated device which will be better than the Pre Plus.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    lets say you bought the Pre Minus last June. So youre 6 and a half months into your contract.

for discussion sake, the full retail price of a Pre is 600 dollars.

you're not eligible yet for an upgrade.

you don't want to pay the Sprint ETF.

so even if Sprint did get a shot at the Plus today, would you be willing to pay the 600 dollars for it?

or are you one of those people who would expect a Plus to show up at your doorstep today, free of charge, because you feel cheated?

i personally fail to see how we did so much leg work for Palm. the upgraded RAM and storage is typical device evolution and until the Plus's have been out for a while, i'll take the improved slider/build quality claims with a grain of salt.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I don't see the big deal with the Pre Plus, it's the same thing. More RAM, no home button, 16gb. *Yawn*
    I've said it numerous times on this thread...if Sprint came out with the updated Pre only 6 months after the original one, there would be even more uproar due to an update so soon on the same network.

Why do so many people NOT get it? Tech products get updated, and they get updated VERY often. Welcome to the real world.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    maybe Palm should be forced to NOT upgrade their products.. unless of course they update it just for YOU. Why cant you be happy that Palm is advancing their product line. Wait 6 more months for the next "pre" and you'll get an even better phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I've said it numerous times on this thread...if Sprint came out with the updated Pre only 6 months after the original one, there would be even more uproar due to an update so soon on the same network.

Why do so many people NOT get it? Tech products get updated, and they get updated VERY often. Welcome to the real world.
    I think so many people do not get it because Sprint has done almost exactly what you described before. If I remember correctly, the treo pro came out 7 or 8 months after the 800w.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Pre=1.0
    Pre Plus ≠ 2.0
    Pre Plus=1.5
    Not that big of a deal. There are only hardware limitations, but software and functionality remain the same.

My guess: Pre plus will go to AT&T in March
    Palm pre2 will be on sprint first, on Verizon and AT&T shortly after (maybe a month or two).
    Pre2 = 2.0
    Pre Plus ≠ 2.0

jeez.
    I agree with DanLipson. I think sometime this summer pre 2 will come out for sprint and existing sprint pre customers would be able to upgrade free of charge.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Sprint changed their Terms at the beginning of January. So as far as I know, anyone can get out of their contract without paying the ETF, as long as they do it before the end of January. If you want to go to Verizon, you totally can. I'm sticking with Sprint because it's a whole lot cheaper and the service is excellent (for me).