Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    When I am listening to music on my phone and try to use it at the same time, the lag is horrid. Does anyone else experience this? I have to say with all the updates it really has never felt to me like the speed has really increased with WebOS? I'll go to flick up the launcher to get to the lower apps and it reminds me of what it would feel like to jump on my 20 year old AMD k6-2 compaq.
    Lag on the phone? Or the Music?

I don't get any cut-outs on music, but the sound/music player does need some more optimizations. It is one of the most resource intensive so far causing battery drain and lag. I have confidence you'll see some improvement in 1.4.
    yes happens when multitasking sometomes ( I blame mem leaks)
    only when im streaming music from the internet then through bluetooth to my stereo in my car.
    You might try to find an SDL based music player and see if you can get better results out of that accessing music rather than the Mojo-centric way.

Also Bluetooth causes the phone to go even slower.
    That's weird. What bitrate is your mp3s?
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    You might try to find an SDL based music player and see if you can get better results out of that accessing music rather than the Mojo-centric way.

Also Bluetooth causes the phone to go even slower.
    What music player is SDL based? Is it via homebrew? I'll check Preware.

Basically not only do I get lag when trying to do anything while listening to music but occasionally I'll also get short cut-offs.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    This happens to me quite often and is very annoying. It is definitely worse when streaming over bluetooth. I pretty much have to pause the music to be able to do anything else. Streaming internet radio also makes this worse.

I'm on my phone now while playing music (no bluetooth) and about 5 other cards open. Overall my phone's still pretty snappy so I'm leaning towards bluetooth being the culprit here.