1.    #1  
    I have used Palm pilots and currently Treo as PIMs for a long time. Therefore I was excited to learn that Pre plus is now available for palm. However, after reading some of the threads on this forum I have begun to wonder if Pre Plus would be the right choice of smartphone for me.
    Having access to office email is very important to me. For my personal communications, I call rather than email or IM. So in short I need a phone, internet browser, PIM manager and solid access to office email. I donít really care for Gmail or other such email service access.
    Is setting up an exchange server email a painless and reliable process? I am not tech savvy (not with smartphones anyway) and would like to have a smartphone which does this particular job well without having to tweak it constantly.
    So..should I get Pre or go with a BB?
    Thanks
    generally speaking, the exchange email/contacts and all that works great, is painless and is a solid performer.

there have been issues with past updates causing problems for calander users, but those were fixed quickly.

other problems have stemmed from people who's companies had higher levels of exchange security. My understanding is that those are pretty much fixed as well.

I work at a university hospital, and my exchange functions work without any problem, were very easy to set up, and sync great. I have never had to tweak it.
    There are four lights.
    The Palm Pre handles PIM functions and email very well, although some people complain about the slow calendar. The internet Browser IMO is where the Pre excels.
  4.    #4  
    What is IMO?
    Quote Originally Posted by vidwans View Post
    What is IMO?
    IMO is just an acronym for In My Opinion

IMHO is In My Humble Opinion.

IMHO Acronym Meanings

here's a good site to find that kind of info in the future

Chat Acronyms used in E-mail, IM, and Text Messaging
    Last edited by windzilla; 01/26/2010 at 10:11 AM.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    IMO is just an acronym for In My Opinion

IMHO is In My Humble Opinion.

here's a good site to find that kind of info in the future

Chat Acronyms used in E-mail, IM, and Text Messaging
    I always thought IMHO was In My Honest Opinion.
    Honest would imply you were dishonest in the past.
  8.    #8  
    The following post (199303-why-were-these-treo-features-left-pre-open-letter-palm) and replies helped me make up my mind that "Pre is NOT for me". PIM functionality is a must for me.
    Thank to everyone on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by vidwans View Post
    The following post (199303-why-were-these-treo-features-left-pre-open-letter-palm) and replies helped me make up my mind that "Pre is NOT for me". PIM functionality is a must for me.
    Thank to everyone on this forum.
    When was that post made? WebOS 1.3.5 sped things up in the calendar a lot. But the PIM functions are not instant, like BB OS or PalmOS.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I work in IT for a university. My Pre interfaces just fine with our Exchange 2003 environment. We also use a WPA2 Enterprise WiFi network, also no problems there.

The Pre is just another tool on my belt that I would be hard pressed to get through the day without. Highly recommended, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    Honest would imply you were dishonest in the past.
    Well played sir.
    yeah, i work in the corporate environment (harley) and my pre works seamlessly with emails and our exchange environment. Only backdraw i've had is that it doesn't allow me to connect to our WIFI which uses PEAP/LEAP encryption... but thats not a big deal, seeing as there is a sprint/nextel antenna right on top of the building