Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Since verizon doesnt have the navigation button like the sprint pre, will their phone be able to do the blink notification, whenever it comes...

does anyone know whats the word on this?? i wouuld like the blink notification palm!

youtube.com/watch?v=EcdQwvtP7bc
    for those who dont know what im talkin about even though most of you will
    There is no button but there is an LED light for notification on the Pre+ ...

You can enable notification through a 3kb patch
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    yeah but when will palm make it official thru over the air
    I've been wondering this myself but to answer your question I have heard no word on when this will be implemented officially.
    Uhm, Why does it matter? It's there and official. You just have to uncomment the code out with a patch.

The open platform is what makes WebOS so graet.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    Uhm, Why does it matter? It's there and official. You just have to uncomment the code out with a patch.

The open platform is what makes WebOS so graet.
    Not everybody has time to worry about patches, tweaks and mods for things that should be native.
    Then, on top of that, what to do right before an OTA update.
    Most people really don't have time for all that.
    haha why are ppl so against patches!! Patches are your friend. If you want something simply download webos quick install 2.96...and plug ya phone in and install the features you want.. And you do not have to be a computer tech. The instructions are very simple
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    dont u have to remove patches and everything before u do an OTA update though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    haha why are ppl so against patches!! Patches are your friend. If you want something simply download webos quick install 2.96...and plug ya phone in and install the features you want.. And you do not have to be a computer tech. The instructions are very simple
    Although I know that a lot of people are afraid and won't try to install patches (and they shouldn't have to), I can say that the instructions could not possibly be any simpler than they are. Kudos to everyone who put in the hard work to make patches possible for the masses.
    Quote Originally Posted by eshug1 View Post
    dont u have to remove patches and everything before u do an OTA update though.
    Yes, but it takes about 5 seconds to do it.
    Ok....two different thoughts here.

YES YOU CAN PATCH.

But a lot of people will never patch their phones...so the question the OP asked is a valid question.

I would hope 1.4 they uncomment it. Why add it to the OS and not ever make it available.
    If you don't want to patch your phone maybe you should requestion what you're doing on the WebOS platform.

It doesn't take long to customize and it's actually a good bit of fun. One of the best parts of having a smartphone is tweaking it to your exact needs and specification.

The time it took to create this thread is all you needed to patch your phone.
    You know, I could actually see having what you guys call "fun" with tweaks and patches; but for things that should be SUPPLEMENTAL ...
    NOT for things that are native to practically every phone out there for years now.
    Can you guys not imagine how many potential VZ customers Palm will lose because of things like this missing?
    If you don't want to patch your phone maybe you should requestion what you're doing on the WebOS platform.
    What kind of a comment is that? This makes no sense. I've been on every platform and I've hacked and tweaked them all, but not everyone finds this fun or necessary. The simple fact is that Palm should give us on option to have blinking notification or not. If the battery takes a hit then that should be the users choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by eshug1 View Post
    yeah but when will palm make it official thru over the air
    Feb 29th, 2010. Palm's "official" day for much of their stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Feb 29th, 2010. Palm's "official" day for much of their stuff.
    Lmao ^^
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    What kind of a comment is that? This makes no sense. I've been on every platform and I've hacked and tweaked them all, but not everyone finds this fun or necessary. The simple fact is that Palm should give us on option to have blinking notification or not. If the battery takes a hit then that should be the users choice.
    Palm did give us a choice. We have the option.
    Palm did give us a choice. We have the option.
    OUTSIDE VOLUNTEERS gave us the choice. Palm left us out in the cold when it comes to these things.
    How many people out of 10 do you think know anything about "commenting out"?
    Really. How many?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/26/2010 at 10:18 AM.
    I think you're nuts. Palm designed the phone to have an open platform. Homebrew is a direct result of Palm policies. *shrug* I guess I am just looking at the bigger picture.

=)
    I think you're nuts. Palm designed the phone to have an open platform. Homebrew is a direct result of Palm policies. *shrug* I guess I am just looking at the bigger picture.

=)
    See my edit ^
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast