Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Good morning all.

    OK, so now I have to choose between Pre vs Pre Plus. This is NOT a comparison of providers however, both Sprint and Verizon have fantastic service here, although Sprint works much better in our office building.

    The Plus has the extra RAM as well as 8G of storage... However Sprint has Navigation included, as well as texting, and the NFL for the same price as Verizons talk/data plan only.

    Sure, the plus can open more cards, but has anyone that has used both willing to say that the Verizon model is that much better?

    Decisions...
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    ... The Plus has the extra RAM as well as 8G of storage. ...
    Did you mean to say that the Pre Plus has only 8gb of storage, that it has 8gb more storage, or that it has 16gb storage?
  3. #3  
    You can hack your phone to get navigation on it as well as any other sprint app. The Plus is obvious better. It's a slightly redux'd version of an already great phone.
  4. #4  
    the plus is obviously better, what's the point of this thread?


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  5. wkj
    wkj is offline
    wkj's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    Good morning all.

    OK, so now I have to choose between Pre vs Pre Plus. This is NOT a comparison of providers however, both Sprint and Verizon have fantastic service here, although Sprint works much better in our office building.

    The Plus has the extra RAM as well as 8G of storage... However Sprint has Navigation included, as well as texting, and the NFL for the same price as Verizons talk/data plan only.

    Sure, the plus can open more cards, but has anyone that has used both willing to say that the Verizon model is that much better?

    Decisions...
    If you are simply comparing phones then it's a no brainer...Pre+ and this is a pointless thread.

    However, I think subconsciously you are actually comparing providers. And your post makes it apparent.....Sprint would be YOUR best choice.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkj View Post
    If you are simply comparing phones then it's a no brainer...Pre+ and this is a pointless thread.

    However, I think subconsciously you are actually comparing providers. And your post makes it apparent.....Sprint would be YOUR best choice.

    Agreed

    You say Sprint works better in your office.

    therefore, Sprint is the better choice for service.

    additionally, sprint is, on the whole, generally cheaper than Verizon.

    so if you want a webOS device, the Pre on sprint beats the pre+ on Verizon for you.

    there is also a case to be made that, while Verizon has new every two, sprint customers with the Pre's plan get an upgrade discount every year, and therefore if a new device comes out that is better than the pre+ you will have the ability to upgrade on sprint, long before you could upgrade on Verizon.
    There are four lights.
  7. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    the plus is obviously better, what's the point of this thread?
    Exactly... The decision point is really the carrier, but if you're saying the carrier makes no difference then obviously go to Verizon and get the Pre Plus.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    Good morning all.

    OK, so now I have to choose between Pre vs Pre Plus. This is NOT a comparison of providers however, both Sprint and Verizon have fantastic service here, although Sprint works much better in our office building.

    The Plus has the extra RAM as well as 8G of storage... However Sprint has Navigation included, as well as texting, and the NFL for the same price as Verizons talk/data plan only.

    Sure, the plus can open more cards, but has anyone that has used both willing to say that the Verizon model is that much better?

    Decisions...
    Pre Plus is obviously better. People actually use Navigation and NFL? LOL
    I'm tired of the Sprint Pre running like a dog. I'd pay twice as much for a phone that didn't run at a turtle's pace. It sucks when you can type a whole sentence in a text message before a single letter appears. I love the phone but I'm not buying first version products ever again.
  9. #9  
    Uh... There is a reason it wasn't launched as the Pre =
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    You can hack your phone to get navigation on it as well as any other sprint app. The Plus is obvious better. It's a slightly redux'd version of an already great phone.
    Has anyone successfully installed Telenav (the Sprint GPS app) on to a Pre Plus? I already have a subscription to Telenav that I want to use with the Pre Plus. Keeping Telenav would also let me reuse my existing web-based GPS destination points.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)

Posting Permissions