Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The whiners need to understand that the bigger and more robust auto-correct is, the more often you will see the "too many cards" error.

If that's ok with you, keep whining.
    I am skeptical of people who bolster their arguments with name calling and other childishness. It's a quirk I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The whiners need to understand that the bigger and more robust auto-correct is, the more often you will see the "too many cards" error.

If that's ok with you, keep whining.
    This would always slow my Treo Pro to a crawl. I haven't missed that at all!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    This would always slow my Treo Pro to a crawl. I haven't missed that at all!
    Fair enough. I respect that. It could be an optional feature, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by srichman View Post
    Yes i didn't mind the feature as much as the list growing everytime i miss typed. A fixed or manually editable list with an on/off feature would be fine.
    Thanks for the information about Tasks. I withdraw my criticism of Palm.

Re dumb phones versus QWERTY smart phones: Nevertheless, extended typing on a smartphone is less than convenient. I presume that is why the 800w and newer models had/have word completion. It's about customer convenience.
    Everything is has a plus and minus. A dumb phone could easily do predictive typing because it was doing so little else. The Pre (and other smartphones) are doing a LOT of things in the background. Scanning a list of words for each character you type adds to the tasks it's performing, and slows down the device. Personally, I'm glad the list is so short.

I suspect further, that one of the issues is that those phones paid for the T9 technology (it's patented), and the Pre uses a different system. That system is probably less efficient than T9. Palm likely went that route because they have a qwerty keyboard.
    And it is an optional feature. That fact that Palm didn't provide the feature doesn't mean it's not an option.

Palm provided the easy access so optional features like that can be provided.
    I hate the text completion! Not to say it should or shouldn't be a feature, but I don't find it all that useful with a full keyboard.
    Muppet_Funk,
    I love your avatar. That is all.
    Thanks, teej.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12