Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,

i know there is virtual keyboard from 3rd parties, but is there any word on when Palm will give an Over-the-air update with a virtual keyboard. Its been almost a year, and it doesnt seem that hard to do
    +1111111111111111111

I don't think this really fits in with the phone. They may agree, or just haven't done it because they haven't come up with a way that works well with the UI.
    The phone has a physical keyboard, so the only purpose is for landscape view, so I don't see it as a necessity. Just because a vocal minority love to complain about it a lot doesn't mean palm should add it. They aren't going to add every single thing people expect to be in there because x and y phone have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    You missed one 1.
    So now you have to +1.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post

I don't think this really fits in with the phone. They may agree, or just haven't done it because they haven't come up with a way that works well with the UI.
    The phone has a physical keyboard, so the only purpose is for landscape view, so I don't see it as a necessity. Just because a vocal minority love to complain about it a lot doesn't mean palm should add it. They aren't going to add every single thing people expect to be in there because x and y phone have it.
    Unfortunately I have to agree. As much as I would like the convenience of the VK the phone having a physical keyboard makes it a very low priority for palm. What I would like to see is palm opening the sdk so brilliant dev's out there can creat an intergrated keyboard. I have the wog keyboard from the official catalog and it works ok but the fact it isn't intergrated make it pretty useless.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    yeahhh i know it wouldnt be too difficult for them to do...maybe have a small keyboard to push next to the paperclip to add pictures to open the virtual keyboard nd when u open the phone the virtual keyboard closes...im not really upto date on all the developers stuff, but its just something i would like to see in one of the updates
    Why not just use the Virtual Keyboard that is available in Preware. It is not perfect but I use it for messaging in landscape (there is a patch for that) and it works perfectly fine. Try it out if you havent, it may be what you are looking for.