1.    #1  
    i wonder have any of you noticed like the half a scond menu lag i was wonder ing is it posslible to get it as smooth as the iphone or that has nothing todo with the gpu. That half second lag is also on things like the quake virtul joystick so is that lag also on games like Sim 3 or Assassin's Creed?
    If the GPU was built into WebOS, iy could handle all of the animations for the menu, app launch, etc. I'm sure we'll see this kind of integration at some point.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I must admit looking at a couple peoples 1st gen iPhone it is kind of sad how much smoother the menu system is. I'll cut Palm some slack though... not really if they don't square this stuff away soon Supersonic here I come
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    if you took away the multitasking I'm sure it would fly!! however, Im not willing to give that up.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    if you took away the multitasking I'm sure it would fly!! however, Im not willing to give that up.
    I'm not so sure of that... On occasion I have had just one app opened and even then noticed momentary lag in the menus etc. It doesn't really bother me only because I haven't used an iPhone or even an Android device with and regularity/frequency. That said I really do believe Palm will optimize the OS more and more, the only thing I want from them is a similarly spec'd and built phone to many of the HTC phones that I see.

HTC phones are built like tanks and the newer ones (like the HD2) look simply amazing. Palm really needs to pop out a device similar!