Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hi,

Last night while I was asleep my phone stopped charging while on the dock. This happened once before and I just turned off, took the battery out then put it back in and now it works. Does anyone know what causes this? Could it be a new theme I installed just yesterday?

Thanks
    idk it happens to me everynight with no patches or themes installed. Frickin annoying and no one here has a solution.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    let me ask you, do you have a Seido extended battery in your phone?
    not sure about csal80 but I do not.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I do, so I am trying to draw a connection. Perhaps it's just something wrong with the dock. I have read a lot of people have been having problems with the dock itself. Have you tried any other dock? Have you tried to remove the battery and play around with the back to see if it will charge full for you? Maybe someone else has had the same problem and they can reply.
    Check your USB wire and make sure it isn't faulty. This happened to me because of that. I also had this happen to me once because, as I went to bed, I left internet radio on.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    thanks. How did you know it was the wire?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    one more thing, I don't think it was the wire in my case because the way I fixed it was to remove the back cover and the battery, then reconnect and it worked. The wire remained untouched.
    still no fix for me. My wire is fine and I tryed removing battery and touch stone back.
    i know its hard to do, but you could plug it in to the wall socket to charge... i have never had any problems doing it this way
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i know its hard to do, but you could plug it in to the wall socket to charge... i have never had any problems doing it this way
    that's what I've been doing but I don't know about you but I don't like paying $50 for something that doesn't work...
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Ok, this happened to me again last night and I have some more facts on this. Similar to the last time this happened to me, I had used the same USB wire that I use to plug into the dock to my pre into my computer earlier in the day. Next, the way I fixed this was to just reset my pre. This time I did nothing to the back (take the back off and remove and put battery back in). This kinda tells me it could be software related. Does anyone have any insights from this?

Thanks
    Mine has been doing this more and mor frequently over the past couple of weeks. I just restart my pre and it works fine at least for a little while.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    has to be software!! hopefully palm is listening!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scootyl View Post
    Mine has been doing this more and mor frequently over the past couple of weeks. I just restart my pre and it works fine at least for a little while.
    Have you been able to draw a connection as to why this might be happening? For me, I think this happens the days when I use the phone alot and use the UBS cable during the day to charge back up. That night when I put on the dock it seems to stop charging after a while.