Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thread title changed to match thread content.

No one from Palm reads the endless complaint threads here. If you want Palm to know about your issue, please post in their official Palm User Forum or tell them directly: www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html.

Post here if your goal is to harangue other users. Post at Palm if you want Palm to know what you think.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/26/2010 at 10:31 AM.
    Honestly, you bought the pre knowing full well that there were no paid apps in Canada. IF you didn't like that, you shouldn't have bought it until paid apps were available.

I bought my Pre on Bell within 2 weeks of it launching here. I knew the limitations, but I also know the potential. And I also know what it's like to live in Canada. Guess what, we have different rules and tax laws than the US or europe does. Palm is a small company, not like apple at all. They can't commit the resources to the huge global launches like Apple can. I would prefer that they not over extend themselves, get the SDK done right, and get the paid app store working correctly in their core market first before trying to branch it out to other markets.

Remember that Palm, even though it is doing much better than it was a year ago, is still losing money hand over fist. They can't afford to screw up right now. Let's let them get it right. If it means that we have to wait a few months to make sure that Palm does this in a matter that keeps them in business, I think that's well worth it.
  3. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    If it makes you feel better....Bell blocked RadioTime, an app for the Pre letting you stream radio stations (don't you just love Bell lol).....Palm intervened and got them to unblock it.....so at least they're not completely ignoring Canadian's concerns when it comes to apps.
    I'm glad they unblocked it.
    Yea, blocking RadioTime was dumb, as AccuRadio was on the catalog, and was never blocked.
    I'm also upset that we have no paid apps option yet but i'm willing to wait a bit longer. If it doesn't happen by Summer, i'll also consider the new iPhone. That gives Palm and Bell almost 10 months from the release of paid apps to the US. I'm thinking that it will happen in march along with Europe, but if not, then I may as well get a phone where I can buy apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I'm also upset that we have no paid apps option yet but i'm willing to wait a bit longer. If it doesn't happen by Summer, i'll also consider the new iPhone. That gives Palm and Bell almost 10 months from the release of paid apps to the US. I'm thinking that it will happen in march along with Europe, but if not, then I may as well get a phone where I can buy apps.
    yeah, because lord knows you all might die if you cant buy games
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Why do some people think apps apps apps is games games games?
    There could be apps for very productive, businesslike or medical reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Why do some people think apps apps apps is games games games?
    There could be apps for very productive, businesslike or medical reasons.
    and if i needed such apps i would buy a phone that had them. not one that didnt and then whine about it on a forum
    and if i needed such apps i would buy a phone that had them. not one that didnt and then whine about it on a forum
    So people that need business, productivity or medical apps and so on, have and/or had no business considering Palm products since last June.
    Is that what you're saying?
    For what it's worth I called Palm's Canadian sales number at 877-597-7256. The best I managed to get after navigating their menu system to what sounded appropriate was a voice mailbox, but I left my name and number (told them to call me on my Pre at ____) and told them I wanted to know when paid apps were coming to the Canadian App Catalog. If enough other folks do this, perhaps they'll make a statement to get us off their backs...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Most of us buying a Pre expected the same thing people in the US got.. not substandard service. As for apps.. why would anyone buy a smartphone unless they plan on using apps? But I am willing to wait a while, but i'm not ggoing to bend over and take it if they continue to give things to one country and not others. I have no doubt that paid apps will eventually happen but i'm not willing to wait forever.
    palm is an american company. we should get it first.. i bet canadian stores got molson beer before american stores
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Most of us buying a Pre expected the same thing people in the US got.. not substandard service. As for apps.. why would anyone buy a smartphone unless they plan on using apps? But I am willing to wait a while, but i'm not ggoing to bend over and take it if they continue to give things to one country and not others. I have no doubt that paid apps will eventually happen but i'm not willing to wait forever.
    if you have no doubt that paid apps are coming to you, then it follows that you believe that you won't have to wait forever, making you last statement redundant.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    Honestly, you bought the pre knowing full well that there were no paid apps in Canada. IF you didn't like that, you shouldn't have bought it until paid apps were available.
    When I bought the phone the app catalogue was on beta, at that time everyone , including the sales reps, were saying that paid apps would be appearing once the catalogue moves out of beta. They were also expecting it to move out of beta within a relatively short period of time....near Christmas. So very specifically I bought the Pre with the EXPECTATION that paid apps would be arriving (within about 3 months or so). Now I do realize that timelines can be somewhat malleable so I wasn't fixated on it being out exactly in 3 months. Along with that was a sense that everything was moving along smoothly to a paid catalogue launch, there was also plenty of information that generally said the paid app catalogue was just about here. Then the paid app catalogue launched, in the states first of course, (here again no big deal), then the announcements dried up completely....no communications from palm AT ALL regarding a launch for Canada....they did announce one for Europe.....BUT NOTHING FOR CANADA!!!!!! This is what has me peeved.......I did make a purchase decision based on the functionality of the phone and the fact that the app catalogue would be coming....I EXPECT SOME COMMUNICATIONS FROM PALM ON THIS MATTER!!!!!

So your posting is somewhat inaccurate........read my other posts (er, rants) and you'll see what it is that I'm getting at. I also did not have a choice as to waiting for the paid app catalogue to arrive, my old phone (an HTC touch running Win Mo 6) had died......I had to replace it immediately. I did a fair amount of research into which smartphone to get....WebOS won out at that time.
  16.    #36  
    palm is an american company. we should get it first.. i bet canadian stores got molson beer before american stores
    I don't have a problem with that......as I've stated before my issue is with the fact that there has been no communication from Palm indicating when or even if the paid app catalogue is coming to Canada. I don't particularly care if some other country gets it first, or second, or whenever....I just want to know that it is, or is not, coming to Canada.....
    do you have an app store yet?
    do you have an app store yet?
    How could he have an app store if there're no "pay-for" apps?
    ----
    And I noticed you had no answer to my answer to your response from earlier
    ----
    Originally Posted by hatchettjack:
    ..... and if i needed such apps i would buy a phone that had them. not one that didnt and then whine about it on a forum.
    ----
    Originally responded to by me, dbd:

So people that need business, productivity or medical apps and so on, have and/or had no business considering Palm products since last June.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    How could he have an app store if there're no "pay-for" apps?
    ----
    And I noticed you had no answer to my answer to your response from earlier
    ----
    Originally Posted by hatchettjack:
    ..... and if i needed such apps i would buy a phone that had them. not one that didnt and then whine about it on a forum.
    ----
    Originally responded to by me, dbd:

well you say need as in right now.. if thats the case then i would look for a phone that had them readily available, wouldnt you
    well you say need as in right now.. if thats the case then i would look for a phone that had them readily available, wouldnt you
    I had a response written to you (nothing bad), but i just deleted it because i'm losing interest in this thread.
    I said what i wanted to say, and that's it.
    I'm moving on to look for other threads to save with my extreme intelligence and sometimes funny jokes.
    See ya.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/27/2010 at 03:19 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast