Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm about to receive my replacement phone. I am almost certain that it will have web OS 1.2.1. A friend just received their (albeit new phone) and it had 1.2.1.

My profile is in 1.3.5. I remembered and found the below instructions on what to do in this situation. Is this still the way to go when you receive a replacement and have a profile saved in a newer webOS? Thanks!

Instructions for users:

Confirm that your replacement webOS phone has been activated.
    Power on the phone and when prompted to enter your old Palm Profile data, instead choose “Create New Profile.”
    Create a fake/dummy Palm Profile using a different (doesn’t even have to be real) email address.
    Once the phone finishes set-up, do not enter any of your cloud accounts (Yahoo, Gmail, etc) into contacts or calendar or email. Just go straight to Updates and check that you are running the latest version of webOS, currently webOS 1.3.1. If you’re not, immediately download the webOS update (if you have a Pre, remember that WiFi will be significantly faster than trying to go over EVDO). If you are running the latest version of webOS, skip to step six.
    Install the update. Let the phone reset and do all it needs to do.
    Open Device Info and confirm that you’re running the latest version of webOS. If not, go back to 4.
    In Device Info, drop to Reset Options at the bottom and select Full Erase. This will wipe the device clean and reset it.
    After the phone has powered back on, you will be prompted to reenter your Palm Profile. This time, enter your original login username and password. Since you’re on the same version as your last backup, this should restore all your data with no issue.
    Instructions for Palm
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    activate > log in> upgrade > full erase > log in again all info should be back in your phone