Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I just switched from a sprint pre to a verizon pre today. The transition seemed to be perfectly smooth at first. It synched all of my data although it lost service during the backup restore so it didn't install any of the apps.

I began to go through all of the installations (because we can do download more than one app at a time, I downloaded them simultaneously), the first 6 or so went through fine, but then they all stopped.

I've now reset my device twice and am now unable to download apps of any kind, apps that I have bought previously or for the first time. It is not as if they are downloading and not installing, but the app download just won't make any progress.

Any ideas?
    I just started having this problem. The downloading bar shows up but no progress is ever made. It just stalls indefinitely. I was trying to install Slacker radio when this happened.
    I njust made a thread about this also!! IIt just started tonight!! ***??? I hit download and it says downloading but just stays at downloading and doesnt make any progress!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    I njust made a thread about this also!! IIt just started tonight!! ***??? I hit download and it says downloading but just stays at downloading and doesnt make any progress!!!!
    Having the same problem. Did you ever doctor your phone or do a partial or full erase? I'm still waiting to hear from someone about what to try first.
    I found the solution on another thread ("Phantom app"):
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...99#post2201699

Turns out you can use the "Terminal" program found in Preware to eliminate a faulty "Install history" database file. No need to partial erase or doctor the phone!!! No need to root the phone. The Terminal program can be used on the Pre! Very happy I didn't have to go that route.

Downloads work again. That phantom app on the "My Applications" screen is gone!