Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't want to say we have a trend, but I definitely have had problems:

1st Pre Plus: Dead speaker. it wasn't the phantom headset jack, definitely just a bad speaker. Reset didn't help either.

2nd Pre. had it charging on touchstone, just noticed it was crazy crazy hot and the screen won't turn on. Yipes. Take it off touchstone, cool it down (slowly, so as not to cause condensation), try to start it. Nothing. Different battery, still stock Palm, nothing. USB plugged in - nothing, not even USB boot mode.

Am I cursed or are other people having hardware issues with their Palm Pre Plusses?
    Did you patch it already?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    We are still on our launch day pre's (3), sorry about your bad luck.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Did you switch to Verizon just for the Pre Plus?
  5.    #5  
    No patches. Stock batteries. Not even Dev Mode yet.
    LOL you would think that PALM / Verizon would test it before selling it to you of all people. Must be some serious QA issues.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I was at my local Verizon store about an hour ago and a man just bought and activated his Pre Plus, so I had him type precentral.net into his new Pre. And Dieter, don't be putting any of that bad Pre voodoo on my pres.
    That sucks, dude. Who the hell builds these things? Oh, wait...

I haven't had any problems with mine, but I have no idea if it went through a special QA process (I doubt it did). Is your Verizon store at least easier to get to than the Sprint store?
    I work(ed) for Palm.

Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Pixi -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2 -> Veer -> TouchPad -> Pre 3 -> Anything with a browser
    http://www.enyojs.com
    http://twitter.com/adora
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Strangely, I had the touchstone crazy-heat issue when I first had my Pre (minus?) and they just went away after a while.

But, maybe Verizon is messing with you. "Hey, it's that Deiter guy, let's give him another busted one!"
    got my ppp today and have no issues. Tight slider no oreo. No huge gap between the screen and lower part of the phone. Speakers are fine. I had 3 pres on sprint and they all had issues.
    deiter, Is this just any old verizon store? (JAOVS)

i'm assuming it is, and thats a big stinker, wish i could offer more than online condolances

on the flip side assuming it is JAOVS, perhaps you could comment on the oreo and screen blotches that were seen especially in early sprint pre's?

I would imagine these things can be luck of the draw, and depend on the shippment JAOVS' gets.

JAOVS
    There are four lights.
  12.    #12  
    ok, this thing is definitely fried. plugging it into the computer for a few minutes and the area around the port is hot to the touch. Tried Palm chat support (big ups, Albert) even though I knew they wouldn't be able to help -- I'm going back to Verizon for my THIRD PRE PLUS tomorrow.

It's the Visor Edge all over again, folks. If you've been around long enough to know what I'm talking about, you know I don't drop the Edge reference lightly.
  13. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    ok, this thing is definitely fried. plugging it into the computer for a few minutes and the area around the port is hot to the touch. Tried Palm chat support (big ups, Albert) even though I knew they wouldn't be able to help -- I'm going back to Verizon for my THIRD PRE PLUS tomorrow.

It's the Visor Edge all over again, folks. If you've been around long enough to know what I'm talking about, you know I don't drop the Edge reference lightly.
    Are they charging you restocking fees?

I hope they give you the 3rd Pre and not refer you to Customer Care.
    Wait a minute, No comments like,
    "Your a hater"
    "Your at fault"
    "Why did you come here to complain"
    "Why not go back to the store instead of complaining"
    "These things don't just happen, What did you do to it?"
    Hmmmm, maybe people are just being nice since it's you. Why can't people be like this to other people when they have problems. Seriously though, they've had time to iron these problems out. What a shame.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Are they charging you restocking fees?

I hope they give you the 3rd Pre and not refer you to Customer Care.
    Not yet.
    i'm thinking both pre pluses were review models for precentral.

dieter, perhaps your review models were just that; rushed off the product line so you can write your glowing review. which makes palm look a little out of touch cos you'd think they'd get the best Pre builds possible into reviewers' hands ...
    out in very left field question

are you using any sprint accessories (touchstone or touchstone back) with verizon accessories (back/touchstone)

given you already own a touchstone, i would imagine you might be using the vz back and a sprint stone, which means

nothing

not sure how in all that is holy that could do anything, but its something to put down at the very bottom of the list, next to unicorn.

list

horse
    zebra
    touchstone-unicorn

OTOH for me on sprint the third pre was the charm! Good luck.
    Last edited by windzilla; 01/25/2010 at 09:21 PM.
    Off topic, sorry about the Vikes man, damn, I wanted them to win so bad!
    If it makes you feel any better a buddy just got a PrePlus today because he had to return 6 Droids in less than a month. All were serious hardware defects.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    wow, I hope you are in some weird vortex, I was REALLY hoping that the build issues were behind us when it hit vzw...very disconcerting, really hope your just having crazy bad luck & it's not a trend...you of ALL people!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast