Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Just based on probabilities and the propensity of complainers to post, I'm actually surprised (concerned almost) that there aren't a ton more replies on this thread with QA complaints. So far it sounds like Dieter just has some bad mojo (sorry Viking fans) or else no one actually bought the things because there was so little advertising. Or maybe all those new owners don't know to come to this site since they haven't seen many Palm devices on VZW for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Just based on probabilities and the propensity of complainers to post, I'm actually surprised (concerned almost) that there aren't a ton more replies on this thread with QA complaints. So far it sounds like Dieter just has some bad mojo (sorry Viking fans) or else no one actually bought the things because there was so little advertising. Or maybe all those new owners don't know to come to this site since they haven't seen many Palm devices on VZW for a while.
    I imagine most of the people that would line up for a phone on "launch day" picked up a Droid a couple months ago.

At the very least, give it until the end of the week to hear from the people that ordered online or over the phone a chance to receive theirs.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Damn, I was hoping that Palm would have changed more in their manufacturing process than just improving the slider rails. It sounds to me like they've just put lipstick on the pig. I'm now officially hoping that someone with someone with manufacturing quality control actually buys Palm. Otherwise the Palm Pre is going to be the "Fiat" of the phone industry. What's the "Fix it again Tony" equivalent for "Palm"?

I think they are considering adding the Pre to ObamaCare :;
    Ok --- I'll give it a whirl

P - project
    A - at
    L - Least
    M - Mediore
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash X View Post
    Ok --- I'll give it a whirl

P - project
    A - at
    L - Least
    M - Mediore
    ROFLMAO!!!

The most technologically accurate description of palm since the pre was first released!!!

That absolutely says it all.
    No problems with mine, working fine :-D
    P-aid
    A-nd
    L-ost
    M-oney

P-lease
    R-elease
    E-xpectations

P-ray
    L-asts
    U-nder
    S-tress
  7.    #47  
    Third Pre Plus charging up, everything seems normal. This one definitely doesn't get as hot as the last, which became uncomfortable within minutes of plugging it in. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the replies, everybody - it looks to me like this issue definitely isn't widespread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Third Pre Plus charging up, everything seems normal. This one definitely doesn't get as hot as the last, which became uncomfortable within minutes of plugging it in. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the replies, everybody - it looks to me like this issue definitely isn't widespread.
    The ol' bad luck of the draw trick.
    Woah woah woaah, what ya doing with the Pre Plus? Thought you were all for the Pixi plus for since it had wifi now
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Thank god..getting mine this weekend!

Dieter, did the Verizon employees replace the Pre Plus for you immediately in the store? Or did they have some other means of replacing it?

The store I go to (a bunch of morons work there), refused to give me exchanges for my Droid when I had it, so I ended up returning it because I couldn't deal with the hardware and software bugs.

I'm beginning to think I should exchange my Pre Plus because it gets extraordinarily hot when charging and there's enough play in the slider that it makes me worry that I'll have an oreo twist in no time. what do you think?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by yyandrew View Post
    Dieter, did the Verizon employees replace the Pre Plus for you immediately in the store? Or did they have some other means of replacing it?

The store I go to (a bunch of morons work there), refused to give me exchanges for my Droid when I had it, so I ended up returning it because I couldn't deal with the hardware and software bugs.

I'm beginning to think I should exchange my Pre Plus because it gets extraordinarily hot when charging and there's enough play in the slider that it makes me worry that I'll have an oreo twist in no time. what do you think?
    They exchanged it then and there, marked it "DOA." Can't say I know what you should do, but I do know you should decide quickly :|
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm on my second Pre+. The first one lost all of it's data connectivity. Was just driving down the road, went to make a call, and nothing. Got to my destination and found I couldn't make calls or send any messages. Lower-back of the phone was extremely hot.

I did a complete reset and couldn't get past the Palm registration screen b/c the data connection was still fubar. Replacement device works great.
    OK, my brain is (a little) more creative today
    • P reware
    • A lways
    • L ets
    • M e
    • P atch
    • a R ound
    • E verything
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Can anyone on Verizon send picture messages successfully and does the GPS accurately plot you in Google maps?
    >> Thanks for the replies, everybody - it looks to me like this issue definitely isn't widespread.

Not so fast there. New Pre Plus owner here (3 days). This morning, I go to get my Pre Plus off the touch stone charger and the screen is blank. Refuses to turn on. Dead. Going to the Verizon store later to get a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstang462002 View Post
    Can anyone on Verizon send picture messages successfully and does the GPS accurately plot you in Google maps?
    Yes to both questions for me. I was actually surprised about the Google Map one because the store model wasn't working correctly.

Also, coming from a (less than) feature phone I found I needed to get used to the new messaging interface. Threaded convos are cool!
    HTH
    Christa
  18.    #58  
    Ahem. I am having my third Pre replaced this week because of the keyboard and volume issues.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Ahem. I am having my third Pre replaced this week because of the keyboard and volume issues.
    Are you still on your third?
    Do you think AT&T ppp will be any better hardware wise of course?
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123