Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I just logged into my sprint, and almost had a heart attack. Apparently, I have "friends" in Jamaica and the Dominican Republic now. That was an extra $232.90 on my phone bill in one night. Before you ask, no I don't have children, and no one else has access to my phone. If it happens to you, make sure you back up everything, as Sprint is going to want you to completely reset your phone, right up to using the MSL.

They took off the charges, it will take two or three days to process, though.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    is there any explination?
    LOL yea i had a text to peru and it cost me 50cents or something. lol they took it off right away. Its wierd.
    any chance it might be a caused by a virus disguised as an app (is that even possible)??? a few of those app always look suspicious to me (especially those bikini wallpaper ones lol)
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    any chance it might be a caused by a virus disguised as an app (is that even possible)??? a few of those app always look suspicious to me (especially those bikini wallpaper ones lol)
    Chicks always cost you, one way or the other. I should know I'm married to one.
    Same thing happened to me. Jamaica and Dominican Republic. The fraud dept. rep told me the calls were originated in Sacramento. Pretty tough for me to do considering I was on the east coast when the calls were made.

Be careful answering calls with 876 area code. If you stay on too long, they some kind of information that allows them to mimic your phone on the network.
    Maybe me have a malicious app floating around It would be a WebOS first though...
    I saw on the news last week, that smartphones were being targeted by hackers, usually in **** sites. If you visited these sites they would get control of your phone's info and make long distance calls while you were on those sites.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/201...d-by-****.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mudotron View Post
    I saw on the news last week, that smartphones were being targeted by hackers, usually in **** sites. If you visited these sites they would get control of your phone's info and make long distance calls while you were on those sites.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/201...d-by-****.html
    Seems to be a lot of trouble to go through to steal a phone call.
    Did you happen to donate to Hatti?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    My phone is quite embarrassingly stock, I don't visit **** sites on my Pre (LOL), and I have not donated to Haiti. No 876 numbers either, although I'll definitely keep that one in mind. As far as I know, there's no explanation for why. If you find yourself suddenly with a Long Distance Restriction on your account, make sure you check your bill - that's one of the signs.

Oh, and I haven't downloaded any apps in awhile. So I know it's not that either.