1.    #1  
    if i do a complete reset and enter a new email in my profile
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Yes. You must log in with the same profile to get the paid apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    Yes. You must log in with the same profile to get the paid apps.
    Yes the paid apps are linked to your Palm Profile, not your physical device.
  4.    #4  
    the reason i ask, is when im in the app store and press the shopping bag, package manager still shows up even tho ive doctored my pre, how can i get rid of it
    Does entering a new email create a new Palm profile? I'm not aware of that if it's true, and it wouldn't make sense--one is more likely to change email addresses than to want to change their Palm profile.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6.    #6  
    i have heard you lose everything in your cloud if you change email
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Does entering a new email create a new Palm profile? I'm not aware of that if it's true, and it wouldn't make sense--one is more likely to change email addresses than to want to change their Palm profile.
    Yes, your email is basically your username. I've never heard of anyone able to get Palm to migrate a profile to another email address. Have you checked the Palm Profile website to see if they have an option to change the email address associated to the profile?
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    the reason i ask, is when im in the app store and press the shopping bag, package manager still shows up even tho ive doctored my pre, how can i get rid of it
    This is how I got rid of this:

I went into the backup app, turned it OFF and told it to delete my backup, did a full erase, entered in my palm profile info and it loaded up all of my paid and DL'd apps from the App store and none of the krap from Preware.

I read about it in some thread here and it worked for me, give it a try it should work because it is how I got rid of the pesky homebrew apps that wouldn't come off by just doctoring.
    u can change your email of ur profile

it says it right on the front page of the Palm Profile website

This is not an issue with the Palm Profile, this is an issue with WebOS Doctor no longer wipes the media partition, which is where all the apps are stored post 1.3.5. Do you have webos quickinstall? Can you see it in webos quickinstall. A full erase will delete the package manager service. You don't need to turn off backups like the previous poster stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Yes, your email is basically your username. I've never heard of anyone able to get Palm to migrate a profile to another email address. Have you checked the Palm Profile website to see if they have an option to change the email address associated to the profile?
    Just checked, and you can change the name, email address, and password associated with your profile. But, I see that this doesn't really address the OP's question.

If you enter in a new email when registering your Pre/Pixi after a complete reset, without changing it with Palm via the profile management page, you'll be creating a new profile and you won't get your apps, data, etc.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  12.    #12  
    its still restoring my apps.. hope it works.. thanks to all that helped.... now where do you go to change your email add without losing anything
    its still restoring my apps.. hope it works.. thanks to all that helped.... now where do you go to change your email add without losing anything
    https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/console/
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post

you guys are awesome, i really appreciate the help