Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I noticed with the Pre Plus that the gesture area (to me) seems a bit odd looking without the button, I'm all for removing it, but the gesture area just seems a bit big with it gone. I also was thinking how slick the Pre would look if there was nothing but screen on the front of the phone, but that sliver thing above the screen screws that up.

I have always wondered why it is there, I noticed the iPhone has it too, The Droid also has something like it also and I'm assuming others have something similar. What's it do? Is it possible to not have it there? If can not not be there(double negative intentional), could be made barely noticeable?
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    WOW Are You Serious :/ It's The Speaker
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Are you talking about the earpiece? That's the only thing above the sceen on the Pre... It is still a phone after all.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    ...Speaker....
    You could remove it if you wanted... just wouldn't be able to hear anything not on speaker phone.
    Actually in photos it looks pretty silvery and noticeable due to lighting/flash but it's hardly noticeable in person. It's actually not even silver it's more of a tungsten in color. And it's certainly not a distraction when you're actually using the screen. But I suppose you could always paint it black.
    If you shake it real hard it might go away, and please people that is really me in my avatar and I am a model.
    I think the OP is wondering why it's silver and not black. It does stand out alot more on the Pre Plus with no button...
  9.    #9  
    I don't know how I missed that, I have always thought of speakers being round, so I did not cross my mind that that was what it was. I don't know where I thought the speaker was then, my mistake.
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
    that's so funny
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
    It helps orientates top from bottom with a quick glance.
    Quote Originally Posted by osirus View Post
    WOW Are You Serious :/ It's The Speaker
    I'm feel sorry for all these verizon customers!! Jajajajjajajajajja
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    If you shake it real hard it might go away, and please people that is really me in my avatar and I am a model.
    This thread keeps getting funnier and funnier.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    ...and please people that is really me in my avatar and I am a model.
    Tripsbacks meet Narcissism, Narcissism meet Tripsbacks. The two of you are going to hit it off big time, I just know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    This thread keeps getting funnier and funnier.
    verizon don't teach their customer the basic functions !! Jajajajajaj
    Haha ... ryleyinstl got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain of Lite View Post
    I noticed with the Pre Plus that the gesture area (to me) seems a bit odd looking without the button, I'm all for removing it, but the gesture area just seems a bit big with it gone. I also was thinking how slick the Pre would look if there was nothing but screen on the front of the phone, but that sliver thing above the screen screws that up.

I have always wondered why it is there, I noticed the iPhone has it too, The Droid also has something like it also and I'm assuming others have something similar. What's it do? Is it possible to not have it there? If can not not be there(double negative intentional), could be made barely noticeable?
    That silver thing on the top of the screen is the heat sensor for your ear. When you are talking on a phone call the heat from your ear makes your screen go away so that your face does not accidently tap something on the screen. Try calling your voicemail then put your finger on top of the silver bar at the top of your phone and you will notice your screen go away.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Actually got me thinking of how sweet my Pre would look if I painted the silver button and speaker black.....or maybe color it black with a Sharpie.......
    Actually the silver thing is a hunk of plastic covering the ear piece. The item your describing is the proximity sensor and it is located behind the face of the Pre to the right of the ear piece.

To see it, shine a flashlight on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwall459 View Post
    That silver thing on the top of the screen is the heat sensor for your ear. When you are talking on a phone call the heat from your ear makes your screen go away so that your face does not accidently tap something on the screen. Try calling your voicemail then put your finger on top of the silver bar at the top of your phone and you will notice your screen go away.
    dont think its actually the speaker, i think its just a piece that goes ever the speaker to try to keep pocket lint and other junk out of the speaker outlet.

@jwall459. The proximity sensor is actually located on the uper right hand side of the phones face. Has nothing to do with heat, but proximity.

Edit. Dag Nabit, ryleyinstl posted while i was typing. lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast