1.    #1  
    Is there a way to run standard webos applications from novaterm? (or from a terminal window inside the Pre)?

Let's say that I want to run the "Updates" app (in a Pre that doesn't show it)
    I've already copied the files, I just want to know if there's a way

Thanks in advance
    How did you manage to make it disappear?

If it's not showing in the launcher, then it is probably corrupted. Novaterm can only launch apps that the launcher recognizes.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    If the updates app is not visible in the launcher did you check the appinfo.json? Does it say "visible = 'true'"?
  4.    #4  
    Grrrr! stupid me.. hehehe
    I borked the directory structure and I didn't had the correct files in the correct directories!

Here in Mexico, two carriers have the Pre, Telcel officially, and Iusacell unofficially.

Iusacell grabs Sprint phones and rebrand them, but the *******s delete the updates app.

So, I grabbed my Telcel Pre's Update app, and copied it, but copied them in wrong places.

I moved the files to the correct place and the update app appeared

Thanks!!
  5.    #5  
    Anyways, I was looking again for this, and found it on the webosinternals wiki:

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/launch {\"id\":\"com.palm.app.browser\"}

This will open the browser, the same for any application