Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I was wondering if when i switched to my pixi and logged into the pixi with a different palm profile would my pre automatically sign out once it doesnt have service?
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    I was wondering if when i switched to my pixi and logged into the pixi with a different palm profile would my pre automatically sign out once it doesnt have service?
    As long as it's a different palm profile, there shouldn't be an issue.
    Yes, you can keep your Palm profile on your Pre. You can also still use your Pre as a great wifi device
    the other phone will log out of the profile, so you have to log out of the profile you have, start a new one then take the other phone and log in, the phone has to be activated to log into a profile. I did not have a fun learning this when I lost me pre and put the profile on my pixi. When I found the pre it had a message on it and I had to dr it because the patches were still in when it logged out of the profile then signed back in. Was a real pain but it can be done
    Palm prē-ist.
    Do you need to have cellular service to log in to a profile, or can it be done over wifi also?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    the other phone will log out of the profile, so you have to log out of the profile you have, start a new one then take the other phone and log in, the phone has to be activated to log into a profile. I did not have a fun learning this when I lost me pre and put the profile on my pixi. When I found the pre it had a message on it and I had to dr it because the patches were still in when it logged out of the profile then signed back in. Was a real pain but it can be done
    ok so you are saying it will sign out once I switch my number over to the pixi?,
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Do you need to have cellular service to log in to a profile, or can it be done over wifi also?
    You need cellular service unless you use the Meta-Doctor which bypasses the initial first use app.

Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    ok so you are saying it will sign out once I switch my number over to the pixi?,
    Not if you create a new Palm Profile with a different email. If you use the same Palm Profile as the Pre the Pre will eventually get signed out or vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    You need cellular service unless you use the Meta-Doctor which bypasses the initial first use app.
    I know this, but it's possible to enable wifi during the first use app with Metadoctor. I don't know if you can still sign into a profile though. Kinda curious though...
    I know this, but it's possible to enable wifi during the first use app with Metadoctor. I don't know if you can still sign into a profile though. Kinda curious though...
    In a regular webos doctoring, wifi cannot be enabled until after you have signed into the Palm Profile, and this will not change in the future. A WebOS-Internals member spoke to a security rep at CES, and the rep was very stern about not allowing wifi to be turned on in that stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    In a regular webos doctoring, wifi cannot be enabled until after you have signed into the Palm Profile, and this will not change in the future. A WebOS-Internals member spoke to a security rep at CES, and the rep was very stern about not allowing wifi to be turned on in that stage.
    I know that you can't with a standard Doctor. But if I modify it to enable wifi during first use, can I still log in to my Palm profile or do I need cell service to do so? Is the Palm profile linked to the carrier or is it completely separate?
    I know that you can't with a standard Doctor. But if I modify it to enable wifi during first use, can I still log in to my Palm profile or do I need cell service to do so? Is the Palm profile linked to the carrier or is it completely separate?
    It would be too hard to restrict profile access to cellular provider IPs especially when they keep expanding to new carriers. I don't know how you'd modify the webos doctor to enable wifi at boot, better off just using Meta-Doctor. Via a Meta-Doctor, you can create and log in via the FirstUse app over wifi. You can even create a Palm Profile via the SDK if you wanted to.
    Yea, I already modded a WebOS Doctor to enable wifi at first use app. I was just wondering if I would still be able to log into my profile over wifi. I haven't had to use it yet though, but I made it just in case lol.