Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    The big issue first: My keyboard just stopped working mid-text. There was nothing that should have caused this. A reset didn't help, and so my old blackberry instincts took over and I did a battery pull. I guess that was a bad idea, because since putting the battery back in, the phone has been on the black "palm" screen for about 30 minutes. Anyone know what to do in this situation?!

On a similar note, my pre has been having some other problems recently. Last month the power button sank into the phone itself and is extremely difficult to press. Some of my apps have been acting odd. The dialer bugs out from time to time and just comes up as a green background, causing me to miss calls. My alarms have deleted themselves several times...and one time my pre's actual clock was off by 15 minutes o.O. When the first bad thing happened (the power button breaking), I called radio shack since I purchased their insurance plan with the phone. They told me that they'd send me a new phone right away, and that I should get it in 1-2 business days. That was 2 months ago, and I never got the phone from them :/

And just for the record, I take very good care of my gadgets. Nothing bad has happened to my pre since I got it in August....there's no reason why any of this should be happening
    You were supposed to get a replacement 2 months ago and still haven't reamed them a new one? Instead of trying to revive a dead horse, why not get after the Shack to expedite a new phone for you? It sounds like the unit you have has some major issues and should have been replaced months ago.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I never went after the Shack because it was such a painful process to actually explain everything to them and get them to "send" it out in the first place. I mean, my Pre was functional, just not perfect, so I just lived with it basically :/
    Ahh... well it sounds as though it's time to get the unit swapped out. The build quality has gone up, but once in a while you find a bad device that is truly BAD. I'd simply get them to replace the unit under warranty as quickly as possible.