Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Well, I upgraded my Centro to the Palm Pre today. The device is a great looking phone. I'm currently using PocketMirror for the Pre to transfer and sync my contacts, calendar, task and notes from my computer to the Pre. Once this is done, I'll continue to use Pocket Mirror. It's neat to have wireless transfer over my wi-fi setup. The phone is in my bedroom syncing while I'm working on the computer in my home office.

There were no surprises at the Verizon store. Just a smooth transition. The Pre is packaged nicely. I purchased it with the Touchstone, which I think will be alot easier to use than plugging a mini-USB cable in all the time. Worry about the little tab breaking off.

The phone is easy to use and I love the "moving back feature" to the previous place used. Overall, a good device. I'll have more to post as I learn to use the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jam200 View Post
    Well, I upgraded my Centro to the Palm Pre today. The device is a great looking phone. I'm currently using PocketMirror for the Pre to transfer and sync my contacts, calendar, task and notes from my computer to the Pre. Once this is done, I'll continue to use Pocket Mirror. It's neat to have wireless transfer over my wi-fi setup. The phone is in my bedroom syncing while I'm working on the computer in my home office.

There were no surprises at the Verizon store. Just a smooth transition. The Pre is packaged nicely. I purchased it with the Touchstone, which I think will be alot easier to use than plugging a mini-USB cable in all the time. Worry about the little tab breaking off.

The phone is easy to use and I love the "moving back feature" to the previous place used. Overall, a good device. I'll have more to post as I learn to use the Pre.
    Nice!

Glad you're enjoying it.
    Dell is selling TS for 29.87 if you want to get one for your car, been using one in my car for months now and luv'n it.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jam200 View Post
    Well, I upgraded my Centro to the Palm Pre today. The device is a great looking phone.
    jam,

Please post your transition process and any hic-ups you experience. I am using a Centro now as well and will be upgrading in a few months to the Pre Plus. Are you transferring over any of your classic Palm OS apps?
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Haven't transferred any classic Palm OS apps yet. May have to get an appware that allows for that. Right now, just trying to learn how to do simple things like speed dial frequently used numbers, etc.

Did notice that it takes a while for the Palm to go through its start-up procedures.
    Does pocket mirror work with MAC?

On my treo, I was syncing with Entourage and it worked great. The verizon rep said that I would have to get a third party app that cost $39.00 to sync Entourage with the PRE. Any comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I transfered to the Pre in December from a Centro and have to say the web and email experience alone is worth the upgrade, if you can afford the spike in monthly bill >_<
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just ordered 2 more--one for night stand and one for office desk. TOO cool! I'm loving this phone already!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Glad you enjoy it! I also made the switch from Centro to Pre. Neat thing about it is that the Centro and Pre take the same battery, so I still leave my Centro plugged in charging a spare battery, and when I get home from work, I throw in the charged up battery and I'm good to go and go out again
    i too went from a centro to a pre and not a minute sooner, i like the centro when i first got it but man was that a peice o crap compared to the pre lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    After sprint pre launch there was some question whether or not centro battery was actually the same. You may want to read up on that.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fareal View Post
    After sprint pre launch there was some question whether or not centro battery was actually the same. You may want to read up on that.
    I found the following quote:

Another quick note on the battery - you'll note that it's identical in size, shape, and capacity as the Centro battery. Palm, however, doesn't recommend you use a Centro battery in the Palm Pre, officially they say "There are important electrical and mechanical differences that mean that you can't use a Centro battery in Pre."

from this article. Is that what you were referring to, fareal?
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Yes. You may find other comments in these forums from people who used the centro battery. Not sure if anyone really saw an issue with it. But yes those differences you found are what I remember reading.
    Do you have a link for the Touchstone sold by Dell? I can't find anything.
    The touchstone deal from Dell Mobile is dead.

It was a clearance offer, and it appears that most people had their orders cancelled a few days ago, sometimes after being assured that their product was being shipped.

Guess the deal was too good.

I also migrated from a older Palm device. In my case, I tried to use the transfer assistent - disaster - quadrupled the calendar entrees, doubled the contacts. I then switched to MarkSpace's Missing Sync (using a Mac). That solution works, for a bit. The initial transfer takes about an hour or two. Then, it will sync for a month or so, then die, and you'll have to reinstall, and repeat the initial multi-hour sync... Probably need to just give up and do the Google sync. Maybe the Chinese Government will help me? ;->

The cool thing is Classic works pretty well (see threads on what works and doesn't). They even have hotsync working! So at the very worst, your old Palm PIM data will stay there.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.