Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Is there any way to make the Photos app ignore the /music/ folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    Sync with a different interface (use itunes or doubletwist, etc). What did you use to sync your Pre with your media?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yeah drag and drop will bring album art into the photo app unless you use a syncing program.

You can delete the pics off the Pre no issues though. I would personally prefer if Palm made the Photo, Music and Video app only read from a specific folder though.
    If you don't care if there are pictures in the music player, then you can just delete the pics from the Photo App without issue...

If you do want to have the almbum art still, you can use a program like MediaMonkey to "tag" the .mp3 files with the album art, then put them back on your Pre.

You can use MediaMonkey to sync I believe, but it's not required. I personally don't, I just use MM to add tags, then I drag&drop the .mp3s into a folder I created on the USB drive.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Embedding the album art in the ID3 tag is definitely the way to go in my opinion (as stated can be done via Media Monkey, amongst others - that's what I use). Another option, I believe, is that if you store all the album art in a folder named with a "." before the name (i.e. - ".music"), then I think the photo app will also ignore it.
    I sync using Windows Media Player and never have the art show up in the photo gallery.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    You guys do your syncing in USB mode or Media Sync mode?
    USB mode for me... I made a music folder on there and drag/dropped the songs I want in there...
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    You guys do your syncing in USB mode or Media Sync mode?
    If you're just dragging and dropping your music onto the phone, it won't make a difference. If you want to use MediaMonkey, Windows Media Player, Double Twist, or other similar "media manager", you should use media sync mode.
    I'm still using the media sync option using itunes 9.0.1 and it works like a charm.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I've always used USB Mode. Is there any difference other than Media Sync mode IDs your Pre as an Ipod? (WMP will not sync if Pre is in Media Sync)

I had gone through and manually inserted covers using Media Monkey, but that changes the file itself and WMP wants to sync another copy on there because the file itself is now different. I've pretty much given up on this issue at this point.

Syncing using WMP (USB Mode) results in some covers being transferred over (10%), but the vast majority is still cover-less. At least this way, the few covers present now do not show up in Photos.

I'm guessing that the files with covers were already ID3 tagged with covers on my computer, before I got them. I just wish there was a way to ID3 tag covers when syncing to a device.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok.. Just tried WMP with the dopisp (Sync your iPod with Windows Media Player) plugin and that Syncs covers in pretty well. However, it puts them in the iPod style folder setup (R:\iPod_Control\Music\F##)

I could live with this though.
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I've always used USB Mode. Is there any difference other than Media Sync mode IDs your Pre as an Ipod? (WMP will not sync if Pre is in Media Sync)

I had gone through and manually inserted covers using Media Monkey, but that changes the file itself and WMP wants to sync another copy on there because the file itself is now different. I've pretty much given up on this issue at this point.

Syncing using WMP (USB Mode) results in some covers being transferred over (10%), but the vast majority is still cover-less. At least this way, the few covers present now do not show up in Photos.

I'm guessing that the files with covers were already ID3 tagged with covers on my computer, before I got them. I just wish there was a way to ID3 tag covers when syncing to a device.
    If you embed the album art into the ID3 tags on your computer, they will transfer to your Pre that way. It sounds like most of the music on your computer doesn't have the album art embedded into the ID3 tags. I believe there is software out there that will automatically fetch album art and embed it into the ID3 tags for you, but I haven't had a need for it, so I don't have any to recommend.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    interesting. If they removed the search through all folders I think it would load faster if it only searched one.

just a thought
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    If you embed the album art into the ID3 tags on your computer, they will transfer to your Pre that way. It sounds like most of the music on your computer doesn't have the album art embedded into the ID3 tags. I believe there is software out there that will automatically fetch album art and embed it into the ID3 tags for you, but I haven't had a need for it, so I don't have any to recommend.
    MediaMonkey will do this, but as far as I know, you have to press OK to confirm the addition to each file. I have 5000+ items in my computer library, so this could get quite tedious
    I spent an hour today making sure all my album art was in the ID3 tag and not just in the folder. I used Media Monkey to make playlists then copied it all over to the Pre using Media Sync. Not one of the files using Music (remix) has album art. Any idea why?
    bump, anyone know?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    This is crazy. Its no fun looking at picture if you have to go through 100s of album covers. There must be a fix
  19. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhauer View Post
    This is crazy. Its no fun looking at picture if you have to go through 100s of album covers. There must be a fix
    You can embed the album art into the ID3 tag with software such as MediaMonkey, and then go ahead and remove the album art jpegs and this will solve your problem.