Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want to switch to the Verizon Pre plus but I have a couple questions that I can't find answers for.

1) Does WebOS have an app for ringer profiles? I set my Blackberry to phone only every night so that texts and emails and other apps do not make noise in the middle of the night.

2) Is there a delete all function in the email app? I am a sysadmin and sometimes when a system freaks out i will get 1000+ emails and i need a way to delete them all at once.

Thanks for the info.
    I'd be interested in this too. Those of you who have switched from bb to the pre. Especially with notification profiles.

Also is the email client as robust? as well as messaging? very interested in this device but also don't want to be without certain features.

Any help from the experts would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I've never used a BB so I can't compare.

1> No. You can select ringer type for phone calls and SMS messages. You can turn system notifications on or off. That's pretty much it. During the night I just move the physical switch on the top to silent mode. Basically it's system tones on or off.

2> No delete all option in email. I believe there is a Homebrew patch for this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    I've never used a BB so I can't compare.

1> No. You can select ringer type for phone calls and SMS messages. You can turn system notifications on or off. That's pretty much it. During the night I just move the physical switch on the top to silent mode. Basically it's system tones on or off.
    yup. sucks too cause like the OP said, on a BB you can turn everything off but still have the phone ring. i miss the profiles.

2> No delete all option in email. I believe there is a Homebrew patch for this though.
    correct. the only thing we got with one of the last updates was delete all the trashed emails.

to delete all in the inbox you need the patch.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    yup. sucks too cause like the OP said, on a BB you can turn everything off but still have the phone ring. i miss the profiles.
    Ugh that sucks. I don't understand why companies are leaving out basic features like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by newestuser View Post
    Ugh that sucks. I don't understand why companies are leaving out basic features like this.
    I agree. Profiles are so essential for a lot of us. I mean my BB is my main phone. So if there is an emergency in the middle of the night I can get a call from a specific person and it will ring vs calls from others which it will keep silent.

Too bad
    YES! You can delete all emails with the installation of a simple patch (which will also give you the added benefit of a 'read all' function as well).

I'm going to try finding an answer regarding your first question on ringer profiles by checking out webos-internals. I'll keep you posted.
    I have an answer for your 1st question, right now you have to put your Pre in Airplane mode before you go to bed and take it out when you wake up. The other option is an app on homebrew called "battery saver" where you select a time you want your Pre to go into Airplane mode and a time when you want your Pre to go back into regular mode. In Aiplane mode you will not get any Text's, emails and phone calls.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I have an answer for your 1st question, right now you have to put your Pre in Airplane mode before you go to bed and take it out when you wake up. The other option is an app on homebrew called "battery saver" where you select a time you want your Pre to go into Airplane mode and a time when you want your Pre to go back into regular mode. In Aiplane mode you will not get any Text's, emails and phone calls.

I need phone calls though. I need a one click option where I can turn off all notifications for everything except the phone. So emails, texts, IMs, ect still go go the phone but the phone doesn't make any noise or vibrate when they come in. But if someone calls the phone still rings.
    Umm...psst but he only wants the Phone to wake him up in the night and everything else off...
    Oh, nope, nothing like that yet.
    Thanks for looking this up. As for your 2nd question:

Info on Homebrew and how easy it is to install and use: http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes

Once you have webOS QuickIntall set up, I strongly recommend installing PreWare for 'over-the-air" installation of homebrew apps and patches: http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware

And the patch you need to install for read-all and delete-all functionality: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...elete-all.html

I hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    as others mentioned, I just use the physical switch on top. I loved this on the treo 600 (then 650, then 700wx, then 800w), then I went to blackberry. Glad to be back with Palm again!
    In the sounds menu, You can turn "system sounds" off and it will turn off emails/text sounds etc or you can turn the volume down very low. The phone ringer will stay on and has a separate slider for "ringtone volume"
    You might want to wait for 1.4 to be released to see what new functionally it brings to the Pre.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    You might want to wait for 1.4 to be released to see what new functionally it brings to the Pre.
    ehh if it wasn't in 1-1.3 its probably not going to be added in 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by newestuser View Post
    ehh if it wasn't in 1-1.3 its probably not going to be added in 1.4
    You base this on ... ?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You base this on ... ?
    because it's a basic phone feature. It's not something that needs to be optimized like video recording. If they planned on putting it in then they would have done it in the initial release. It's not like its a new radical feature that they couldn't think of in the beginning.
    The Pre was the first phone that actually made me put away my Blackberry. (Was a two phone person for the longest time) Not having profiles sucks, but if that's your biggest concern dump the BB and come on over to WebOS. IMHO of course.
    my solution to this would be to create an silent ringtone and set it to the notifications everynight. . . Also if you don't want to patch ur phone you could set ur system to send sms to ur phone instead. I hav heard from others system admins that the pre groups them all together making it painless to delete these messages.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast