1. CoobeyMeyer
    Hey forum, Over the weekend, there was a post on PreCentral about the Verizon Mobile HotSpot working on Sprint Pre's and I made a video about how to make it work. go check it out if you dont mind- And to those of you who are getting yourselfs a shiny new Pre/Pixi Plus, welcome to a whole new cell phone experience.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Sprint/Palm are definitely aware of the Verizon Mobile Hotspot app being tweaked to work on Sprint Pres. I'm going to hold off on using it until we all see what (if any) actions Palm/Sprint take against users who implement the hack.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    This is days old news, do a search next time.
  4. CoobeyMeyer
    I am simply doing this for other users who may not have known. Other people may not be as "smart" as you.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ok so i got everything installed on my pre turned it on and it does connect but i still have no internet connection why is that btw i'm running windows 7?
    Honestly, nothing will be done about it. Nothing was done about MyTether if anything (which I think was just to start the build up for mobile hotspot). I wouldn't worry. Tethering on sprint phones even thoe its "not allowed" has been around forever.

As stated, the first thread about mobile hotspot on the sprint phone got pulled becuase precentral was hosting the palm ipk due to it being a attachment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Honestly, nothing will be done about it. Nothing was done about MyTether if anything (which I think was just to start the build up for mobile hotspot). I wouldn't worry. Tethering on sprint phones even thoe its "not allowed" has been around forever.

As stated, the first thread about mobile hotspot on the sprint phone got pulled becuase precentral was hosting the palm ipk due to it being a attachment.
    Sorry, but the bolded portion is false. Multiple changes were made by Palm/Sprint to turn off the wifi hotspot functionality of MyTether. Case in point, the latest MyTether versions required a weird patch that broke the camera and other functionality of the phone. Intentional efforts were certainly made to try to block MyTether's functionality, and intentional efforts will be made to keep Mobile Hotspot off of Sprint phones in the future.
  8. CoobeyMeyer
    Its probably a problem with windows rather than with your phone. Try switching the tethering on and off a few times. If that doesn't help, make sure IP forwarding is enabled, if it still wont work, try a reboot.
    Ok, I installed everything and I can connect to the wireless network but there is an issue. I have to open command line and release the IP and then renew it, otherwise I don't have internet connection and my laptop still has my old IP, how can I make it get the IP from the DHCP on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Sorry, but the bolded portion is false. Multiple changes were made by Palm/Sprint to turn off the wifi hotspot functionality of MyTether. Case in point, the latest MyTether versions required a weird patch that broke the camera and other functionality of the phone. Intentional efforts were certainly made to try to block MyTether's functionality, and intentional efforts will be made to keep Mobile Hotspot off of Sprint phones in the future.
    Hmm, but yet magically as of 1.3.5 and the annouchment of mobile hotspot for the verizon phone. There a exec called mobilehotspotd and minidhcpd already on the phone. But its the original driver, and the same ole mytether that still continues not to work. But Mobile Hotspot does the exact same thing mytether did. Except now its working through a engine.

I really think the changes might have been brought about in part due to mytether, but not rid of completely, just changed the methods of access. We can say webos broke preware on purpose to couldn't we? There was a time when mytether was broken due to a update just like preware was. Can you say that preware was targeted?

Has palm stated outright that it is illegal to run mytether? I don't believe they have contacted the developer to cease actions.

Least thats my 2 cents. :-p